AmpliTube 5 MAX + Axe I/O bundle

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AmpliTube 5 MAX + Axe I/O bundle

Postby nycshredit » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Hello,

Questions related to the AmpliTube 5 MAX + Axe I/O bundle.

I currently own an iRig 2 HD and AmpliTube 4 with various purchased collections and some one-off pedal purchases. I haven't been using it much the last couple years, but getting back into it as my living situation and amps don't mix well.

The crossgrade/upgrade pricing has always been a head scratcher for me. It appears I can get Amplitube 5 MAX on it's own OR bundled with the AXE I/O for the same price ($399), so why not try one out? Few questions related to the AXE I/O...

1) I assume I can use this device as a replacement for my iRig 2 HD?
2) Is Big Sur supported at this point?
3) Any general thoughts on the AXE I/O?

Thanks in advance.
Eric
nycshredit

Re: AmpliTube 5 MAX + Axe I/O bundle

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:49 pm

nycshredit wrote:1) I assume I can use this device as a replacement for my iRig 2 HD?

Yes, on Mac or PC (not iPhone/iPad/mobile devices)
2) Is Big Sur supported at this point?

Yes.
3) Any general thoughts on the AXE I/O?

It's an incredible audio interface, especially for guitar/bass and I say that as a guitar player for 38 years and someone who studied audio engineering in college not as someone employed by IK.

Note that AXE I/O is currently backordered as I write this, but AXE I/O Solo is available. Solo has the same great Z-TONE technology but fewer inputs/outputs.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nycshredit » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:33 am

Peter,

Thank you for your prompt reply. It doesn't appear there's a MAX + Solo bundle, eh?

Any indication how long the devices will be backordered?

Thanks again!
Eric
nycshredit

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:07 pm

Please contact Sales Support for info on the forecast delivery dates (that's what Peter would do).

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sales/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nycshredit » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:48 pm

Thank you both for the details.
nycshredit

Postby inVINSONable1 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 am

Don't do it. I was promised my Axe IO in the first week (last week of July) and I am now headed to almost 3 months. I am jammed because it came as a package wtih Amplitube 5 Max and I am sure they have some neat way of forcing you to pay max value for software if you cancel the hardware that never shows up. In short I have been stuck without an I/O because of their shady website details to draw us in to a purchase, and then Support leaves us twisting in the wind with default replies saying just wait .
It is funny really. COVID is the problem yet every other brand I/O sits stocked on the shelves.... Super frustrated with IK as you can tell. Never had any company do something like this to me before.
inVINSONable1

Postby nycshredit » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:48 pm

Thanks for the warning. Yeah, the COVID supply chain thing appears to be affecting everything.

I don't believe I'm in the same jam as you. I still have my iRig 2 HD that I can use as my audio interface. I've been using AmpliTube 5 already (sadly, with most options locked). So I'm mostly ok waiting a bit for the device to come. The way the pricing works, it's technically free.
nycshredit

Postby csingende » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am

Oh no IK Multimedia. I am a proud owner of a spanking new Axe I/O. Being a loyal customer, I already own “higher” versions of the accompanying software, so I thought to ask if IK could possibly offer the equivalent of software I do not possess. Oh no IK Multimedia, you said no. Granted, it’s your decision, but a little goodwill stretches a long way. Brian May, Joe Satriani or Dimebag Darrell or a discount code will be greatly appreciated. Turn my “oh no” into an exited and appreciative “oh yes” IK Multimedia. I ain’t too proud to beg
csingende

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:00 pm

^^^
Covered in your other post. Please do not post duplicates as you may well get different replies.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers