iRig Pro IO lightning connection not working

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro IO lightning connection not working

Postby FrancoisHill1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:59 pm

Recently purchased an iRig Pro IO, having trouble getting it working with iOS devices.

The blue light does not come on when I connect to iOS device. I have tested on 2 different devices (an iPhone 12 Pro, an iPad Pro) that use the lightning cable.
I have made sure that a compatible application was running every time I attempted to get the iRig Pro IO to connect, both using Amplitube and GarageBand without success.

The iRig Pro IO does connect to a MacBook Air M1 using the USB-C Cable (blue light comes on and signal from an attached microphone is received by the MacBook Air M1 when MacBook Air is running GarageBand.

Additionally, I tested on an iPad Air that has a USB-C. connector, the iRig Pro IO works fine with that device.

I've also made sure that the Lightning socket on both iOS devices are free of debris. Both connect to everything else without issue.
I've also rebooted both devices and testing immediately following start up.
The iPhone 12 Pro is running iOS 14.7, the iPad Pro is running 14.6

So it's not :

- Software issue on iOS, I have made sure to have the compatible application open and the system software is relatively recent.
- A battery/power issue, since I've swapped out the batteries for fresh ones, and also since it works fine connected to Macbokk Air M1 and USB-C iPad

It could be :

- A cable issue? I've examined the connector that plugs into the iRig Pro IO, all pins are OK, nothing different between the USB-C or Lightning cable as far as the end that plugs into the iRig Pro IO is concerned.
- A hardware issue with the iRig? It's bizarre that it works for one type of connection (USB-C) but not the other (Lightning), I don't know if the circuitry handling each type of connector is different on the iRig Pro IO
FrancoisHill1

Re: iRig Pro IO lightning connection not working

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:37 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby FrancoisHill1 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:48 am

Just in case anyone else has similar problem.

In my case, it was 100% the iRig lightning cable.

Ordered another, it worked flawlessly.

François
FrancoisHill1

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:46 pm

Two posts have been removed. From the forum Guidelines thread:

Peter_IK wrote:Update January 5, 2022:

Please do not post just to confirm a problem, without adding any useful diagnostic details. The best thing to do is report the problem to Technical Support with any details that you can supply. Such posts will very likely be removed without notice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nadavzin » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:21 pm

Same issue. Works fine when connected using USB-C to MacBook Air M2. Does not work when using Apple's USB-C to Lightning with iPhone 14. Really annoying!
nadavzin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:17 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you with your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers