AXE I/O Control Panel GUI doesn't load?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Control Panel GUI doesn't load?

Postby jcsmedley13c » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:25 am

Hello everyone,

I am having a weird issue with the AXE I/O software. When I click on the AXE I/O Control Panel icon (macOS 11.6 (20G165)), it doesn't do anything. I thought perhaps I should reinstall the software, and when I went to delete the application, Mac OS balked and said that AXE IO Control Panel was running and couldn't be deleted. I looked in Activity Monitor, and sure enough there was an AXE IO Control Panel process running, but there was no GUI to be found--not clicking on the icon again, not by command-tab, not in the Force Quit window either.

So far, I have rebooted, killed the application in the Activity Monitor and deleted the application. I reinstalled the application with a fresh download in the IK Multimedia Product Manager. I rebooted again. This time I noticed that the application launched on startup (the AXE I/O Control Panel bounced), and when I looked in Activitiy Monitor, it was already running again. I checked my startup items, and it isn't a startup item.

I'm stumped. It loads when I don't expect it, and it doesn't load the GUI when I try to launch it manually. If anyone has experienced something like this and can help, please let me know how I can fix it.

Thanks--Jeff
jcsmedley13c

Re: AXE I/O Control Panel GUI doesn't load?

Postby jcsmedley13c » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:01 am

Well, nevermind. I guess I figured it out. There is an icon in the menu bar for the control panel app, and you can select it from there.

Not sure how this changed, but I guess all's well.
jcsmedley13c

Return to Interfaces & Controllers