iRig HD 2 works with my bass but not my guitar

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD 2 works with my bass but not my guitar

Postby PaddyWhack37 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Recently purchased the iRig HD 2 as I travel a lot and cannot always bring my pedalboard and amp system with me when I want to play my guitar and bass guitar in my spare time. The iRig and Amplitube system works perfectly for this, however...

I have only been able to get the iRig to work with my bass guitar and not my guitar. I have a fender p-bass and it comes through the system clean. My fender stratocaster however there is zero input - dead silence. The iRig does not show a green/orange light when it's plugged in/played like it does the bass. I do not have any issues with the guitar being plugged into an amp, it plays fine so it's not the connections in the guitar (I'd think). Is there something with impedance in the stratocaster that makes the iRig not think it's connected?

The iRig is brand new, I just took it out of the case a week ago and again, works great for the bass. This issue baffles me.
PaddyWhack37

Re: iRig HD 2 works with my bass but not my guitar

Postby Huddy_IK » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Welcome to the IK Forums!

That is unusual. I have and use a Fender Strat here without issue for quite some time along with the iRig HD 2. Is this a standard Strat or are there some modifications?

What app(s) are you using there?

On the HD 2 unit itself, do you have FX or THRU engaged? Set to FX and try again if need be while connected to a compatible app such as AmpliTube.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby PaddyWhack37 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am

Huddy_IK wrote:Welcome to the IK Forums!

That is unusual. I have and use a Fender Strat here without issue for quite some time along with the iRig HD 2. Is this a standard Strat or are there some modifications?

What app(s) are you using there?

On the HD 2 unit itself, do you have FX or THRU engaged? Set to FX and try again if need be while connected to a compatible app such as AmpliTube.

Yes, I've tried both functions and have been using the AmpliTube app/interface.
PaddyWhack37

Postby Huddy_IK » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:46 pm

Strange! To confirm, the same exact setup works with the bass but if you unplug the bass and plug in the guitar, it does not work?

I would suggest reaching out to the Support team to narrow down any other variables and if need be, setup a replacement. They can be reached here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Return to Interfaces & Controllers