Stomp I/O with Bias FX and Orange Amp. Please help!!!

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp I/O with Bias FX and Orange Amp. Please help!!!

Postby CaptRattlesnake » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:34 pm

New to this so any help is appreciated. I want to use my Stomp I/O with Biax FX and plug it into my Orange Crush 35RT amp. I have tried (with Orange’s help) to get it setup but it sounds very dull… sounds way better in the headphones. Please help!!!
CaptRattlesnake

Re: Stomp I/O with Bias FX and Orange Amp. Please help!!!

Postby Huddy_IK » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:38 pm

Welcome to the IK Forums!

Can you describe the connections a bit further here? Are you coming out of the iRig Stomp I/O via the L (mono) output? What cable is being used?

While I do not own that Orange model amp, I read it has cab-sim technology on the headphone output, so that will sound a bit different.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby CaptRattlesnake » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Guitar to input. Then I’m using a cable plugged into the EXT 1 in the back of the Stomp then going to the return in the back of the Amp.
CaptRattlesnake

Postby Huddy_IK » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Thanks for the info.

The EXT 1 and EXT 2 connections are to connect a footswitch or expression pedal. Instead, connect the output of the L (Mono) output there and try this again.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby CaptRattlesnake » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 pm

My mistake. I actually do have it plugged into the mono L. When using Bias FX the sound seems dull and lacking any punch. Is it possible that it’s something in my Bias settings for using a real amp instead of computer speakers or a PA? Sounds fine when headphones are plugged into the Stomp.
CaptRattlesnake

Return to Interfaces & Controllers