No power to iRig

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No power to iRig

Postby Carlhonore82 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello,
Just received my new iRig Pro. It came with two batteries. I've installed these correctly but cannot work out how to get any power going!

The box remains completely shut down.

What am I missing here?

I've tried turning the 48V switch to On. I've turned the Direct Monitor to On. Done these both together and separately, but nothing.

Cannot get any power flowing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Carl
Carlhonore82

Re: No power to iRig

Postby Huddy_IK » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 pm

Thanks for your purchase!

Is this the newer iRig Pro I/O? What are you connecting the device to, a computer or mobile device?

On a computer, the blue LED should turn on when simply connected. On a mobile device though, you do need to launch a compatible app to initialize the unit. Once an app is open, such as AmpliTube or iRig Recorder 3 (or many others!), the blue LED will come on.

Hopefully this gets you working there!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby Carlhonore82 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:33 pm

That explains it!
I wasn't plugging it into anything – just trying to turn it on on its own. Didn't realise that wasn't enough?

So I plugged it now into my MacBook and the blue lights have lit up – you're a lifesaver, thanks!

I really want to use it to film with my iPad, though. Are you saying I must download one of these apps, otherwise it won't work?

Thanks again!!
Carlhonore82

Postby Carlhonore82 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Quick question:

The iRig is plugged into my MacBook and it appears in the options in Quicktime for recording. But no sound is coming through.

I'm using a lapel microphone. It is plugged into a three ring jack that I'm plugging into the iRig. Have tried in both Ports 1 and 2.

Have tried with Direct Monitor On and Off. Same with the 48V switch.

No sound is coming from the microphone to the unit and/or Macbook.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Do I need to download an app for the Macbook to work with the iRig?

I don't understand why this thing doesn't come with any instructions! Have looked at a bunch of YouTube videos but no one ever covers this basic entry-level stuff...
Carlhonore82

Return to Interfaces & Controllers