iRig Keys I/O for HW synth?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O for HW synth?

Postby IlkkaHarjula1 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Is it possible to use iRig Keys I/O to control a HW synth such as Prologue? I made an assumption that iRig Keys I/O would power up using batteries and transmit USB MIDI using the provided USB cable, but this seems not to be the case. The unit wont power unless it is connected to an ipad or a laptop. Am I doing something wrong, or is it so that a midi controller can't be used for midi control?
IlkkaHarjula1

Re: iRig Keys I/O for HW synth?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:02 pm

USB MIDI is for laptops and other compatible devices, it does not connect with hardware synths and such directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby IlkkaHarjula1 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:34 am

Hi, thanks for the reply. Just a note to other people who might read the thread, the Keys I/O seems to work with HobbyTronics USB to DIN MIDI converter I happened to have lying around. So problem kind of solved.
IlkkaHarjula1

Postby sammahoney22 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:09 pm

Hey IlkkaHarjula1!

Was interested to see you mentioned it works with the HobbyTronics USB to DIN MIDI converter - I tried a few other brand converters and none worked with my iRig 49 IO, so I just recently sold it, and now ended up on this thread by chance and am thinking maybe I can get another and a HobbyTronics converter. I really like the size of it and the action is great.

Which model of the IO do you have? Did you run into any issues since? Does it power up OK from the converter with just the usb cable?
sammahoney22

Return to Interfaces & Controllers