iRig Stomp I/O, 2021 iPad, compatible?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O, 2021 iPad, compatible?

Postby jonesler » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:23 am

I've seen a few posts on this issue but I haven't seen a clear answer. Is the iRig Stomp I/O compatible with mini-din iPad's and iPhones? I've been pursuing this with tech support and they finally told me that iRig Stomp isn't compatible "with that cable"? What? So they gave me a link on Amazon to a cable that doesn't even have a mini-din connection. I don't know if this guy is a beginner or what but surely he SHOULD know THAT cable won't work with a new iPad. On the iRig Stomp page it says "works with all newer iPhones, iPads and iPad Touch. Anyone here using iRig Stomp with a mini-din iPad or iPhone? I've lost faith in tech support to answer my questions.
jonesler

Re: iRig Stomp I/O, 2021 iPad, compatible?

Postby jonesler » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Correction, it's an iPad Air and was made in 2020. It's version 8.
jonesler

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:02 pm

Please provide your ticket number and we'll have our Support Manager look into your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonesler » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:23 pm

It’s 8817447. Thanks Peter
jonesler

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:36 pm

Thank you for that information so I can have someone take a look. But please note the info below in the mean time:

Per the Specs page iRig Stomp I/O will work with newer iPads. I do see that is USB-C so you might want to check out this FAQ about USB-C compatibility including iRig Stomp I/O. The asterisk there indicates that it is one of the products that will not charge your device via USB-C but also links to an adapter that some users have used successfully to charge their devices: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1259
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonesler » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Mine has lightning. I bought it in 2021 but it turns out it’s a 2020. IPad Air version 8.
jonesler

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:40 pm

jonesler wrote:Mine has lightning. I bought it in 2021 but it turns out it’s a 2020. IPad Air version 8.

Ah yes that will be fine too :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonesler » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:43 pm

Unfortunately whoever is handling my case believes my iPad is incompatible. That’s why I posted here. I’m hoping he’s wrong.
jonesler

Postby dezible » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 pm

Hello Jonesler,

I’m assuming you meant USB-C connector in the iPad. The Mini Din is the round one on the Stomp I/O. I just received my new Stomp I/O and I have an iPad Pro with USB-C connector.
I ordered the available Mini Din to USB-C cable with it, thinking that while it may not power my iPad, it should at least work for the audio connection - I was wrong.
The Stomp I/O does not even turn on with that setup. I works with the iPhone and the Mini Din to Flash connector, but I can’t make it work with the (2yr old) iPad Pro.

Seeing the answer in this forum, I will return the USB-C to Din Cable and order the USB-C to printer cable from Amazon.
Last edited by dezible on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dezible

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:16 pm

dezible wrote:Hello Jonesler,

I’m assuming you meant USB-C connector in the iPad. The Mini Din is the round one on the Stomp I/O. I just received my new Stomp I/O and I have an iPad Pro with USB-C connector.
I ordered the available Mini Din to USB-C cable with it, thinking that while it may not power my iPad, it should at least work for the audio connection - I was wrong.
The Stomp I/O does not even turn on with that setup. I works with the iPhone and the Mini Din to Flash connector, but I can’t make it work with the (2yr old) iPad Pro.

I’m wondering if it would work with the USB Cable if I get the right adapter?

iRig Stomp I/O is not listed as compatible with the mini-DIN to USB-C cable on our site (it is not on the list of compatible products) so it would not be expected to work. Please check the FAQ linked above for information about USB-C compatibility and/or work with IK Support to make sure you are getting the right cables/etc.

Also, OP points out that they have a Lightning connector on their iPad.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dezible » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
dezible wrote:Hello Jonesler,

I’m wondering if it would work with the USB Cable if I get the right adapter?

iRig Stomp I/O is not listed as compatible with the mini-DIN to USB-C cable on our site (it is not on the list of compatible products) so it would not be expected to work. Please check the FAQ linked above for information about USB-C compatibility and/or work with IK Support to make sure you are getting the right cables/etc.

Also, OP points out that they have a Lightning connector on their iPad.

You are right. Thanks!
dezible

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:36 pm

No problem. I believe the connector linked in that FAQ that has worked for users was also used back when we were all able to do trade shows like NAMM in person.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eliellinscamargo » Mon May 30, 2022 1:33 am

I'm in Brazil and I have the same problem and no support contact me.
Is there any support from you here in Brazil?
Ps: I bought in real (Brazilian currency)
eliellinscamargo

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 31, 2022 2:25 am

eliellinscamargo wrote:I'm in Brazil and I have the same problem and no support contact me.
Is there any support from you here in Brazil?
Ps: I bought in real (Brazilian currency)

Yes you can submit a support ticket from the IK site and you'll get support too. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eliellinscamargo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Here in Brazil no one spoke to me via email.

Ask me to answer, please.
eliellinscamargo

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers