Windows audio stops as soon as I open up a ASIO-driven app

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Windows audio stops as soon as I open up a ASIO-driven app

Postby matze_de » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:11 am

Hi there!

I'm using the Axe I/O for 1,5 years know...all good.

All of sudden I experience this problem: if I have some audio playback going (Youtube, Spotify etc.) and I open up a ASIO-driven application (DAW, ampsim plugin etc.) the playback stops. YT shows a message (translated from german): "error during audio playback. Please restart your computer".

Sample rate is set to 44,1kHz and I'm absolutely sure this hasn't been a problem ever. Even with other (cheaper) audio interfaces.

I contacted IK but they haven't got a clue and they pointed to Microsoft :shock:

Is there anyone out here who has a solution for this issue?

Thank you very much!
matze_de

Re: Windows audio stops as soon as I open up a ASIO-driven a

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:19 am

Hello matze_de

This is caused by Windows only being able to address one ASIO audio driver/stream at any one time. IK have posted a workaround found here in the FAQs

Although this specifies iRig devices, I believe it will also work with the AXE IO. If you have any further problems, there is a link at the bottom of the FAQ to contact support.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Windows audio stops as soon as I open up a ASIO-driven a

Postby matze_de » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:44 am

Strange - I *never* had this problem before. Not with the Axe I/O nor with any other audio interface...
matze_de

Return to Interfaces & Controllers