iRig Pro Duo with Amplitube & VocaLive at the same time?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo with Amplitube & VocaLive at the same time?

Postby Nksoloproject1980 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:48 pm

I'm a guitarist/vocalist and I'm thinking about using Amplitube for iPad for my guitar sounds, and VocaLive for my vocal effects for when I play live with my band, using an iRig Pro Duo. As we're also thinking about doing some busking, the iRig Pro Duo would be great as it's battery powered. (Please note, this is just for me - the other band members will have their own amps and effects).

However I'm not sure how I can use just 1 iPad with the iRig Pro Duo to control 2 apps at the same time.

Is it possible to plug a mic into one input of the iRig Pro Duo and a guitar into the other input, and use both Amplitube and VocaLive together for a live performance? Or would I need to use another app like Cubasis or Garageband for that and open them as plugins/VSTs?

Also, I'd like to use an iRig BlueBoard to change guitar and vocal sounds while playing live. Is it possible to link 2 of them up to the same iPad - 1 to control the guitar presets, the other for vocal effects? If not, what do you recommend instead?
Nksoloproject1980

Re: iRig Pro Duo with Amplitube & VocaLive at the same time?

Postby christianmccormick » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:23 am

Late response. But yes this is possible. Each app can use one of the Irig Pro Duo inputs. Use the apps' mixers to set each input.
christianmccormick

Postby christianmccormick » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:25 am

You can also connect two Blueboards as well. But IK Multimedia do not acknowledge that this is possible for some strange reason. I connect one Blueboard to Amplitube using the AmpliTube Blueboard connection and then run IK Multimedia's Blueboard app to connect the second bluebird and set Vocalive to use the Blueboard connected to the blueboard app.
christianmccormick

Postby rcates » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:50 am

Hi all. I too wanted to use the blueboard for multiple apps. So I set up the blueboard for use with amplitube normally. I also wanted to use the board to control the leslie speed and other things on the B3-X organ, and still be able to "play" the organ with external midi control.

Almost by accident, I left amplitube open (in background). went to B3-X and set up, set the receive channel and cc numbers I wanted for control of the leslie speed and brake. In the midi control box i chose any since I wanted external control and blueboard.. Went to blueboard app control, set it to CC mode, thinking it would screw up amplitube, but i was experimenting, so didn't care at that point.

Much to my surprise I had control over the organ like I wanted, went back to amplitube, and had control over the pedal on off buttons as I intended. (wanted it that way because \i use external midi commands to change presets.) without having to change anything. So i can pull up the B3-x and switch apps to amplitube without having to do anything else. any effect i left on the organ stays, and the presets in amplitube always start "fresh" with the intended pedal positions as saved in the preset. I was going to ask about using 2 boards, but now that question is mute.

So to a previous question, Next I'm going to see if the same blueboard can control Sampletank 4 the same way, just for kicks. Could be interesting.Almost forgot, Im using one irig pro I/O :D
rcates

Postby christianmccormick » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:41 pm

You can also use two blueboards connected to an IOS device at the same time using the AmpliTube blue board settings to select one and the standalone blueboard app to select the other from another app such as Voiclive. I've been doing this for quite some time now on my Ipad. Works fine, all with a BlueTurn connected as well to turn pages in Iklip stage.
christianmccormick

Return to Interfaces & Controllers