What does "Reserve your product today" mean?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

What does "Reserve your product today" mean?

Postby bdmeadows1 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:39 am

Hi All

Just bought the Apmplitube 5 Max/Ax I/O bundle. I did notice the "Reserve your product today" statement when selecting buy now but didn't think much of it.

Question is does this mean it's in stock or not? I'm not sure how to interpret it. I would have thought one could simply say "In Stock" or "Out of Stock" or back order. Why this vague statement?

Does anyone know if they have stock and are currently shipping?

Thanks
bdmeadows1

Re: What does "Reserve your product today" mean?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:31 pm

It would mean that it is not in stock at this time if you see that.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bdmeadows1 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:06 am

Thanks for that Peter, very much appreciated.

I have since noticed that if you purchase the Axe I/O on it's own it says "Coming in July".

Would anyone at IK know when more stock is going to be manufactured?

Thanks again
bdmeadows1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:16 pm

We are manufacturing units as quickly as possible, the component shortage really impacted IK and other manufacturers of audio equipment but we are pulling out of this as quickly as possible.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ziggydejas » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:35 am

Thank you for asking this as I had the same question after I purchased the axe i/o amplitube 5 max bundle on what does "Reserve you product today" meant. I figured it meant what it implies but in the FAQ concerning orders, it only mentions "in stock" or "out of stock". It was a little confusing as I kept observing "in progress" under my orders/order status for the axe I/O since July 25. This offers clarity so at least I know that I, or we are on the list when the axe I/O becomes available. Gosh hopefully soon! Thanks :)
ziggydejas

Postby bdmeadows1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:32 am

Hi,

I think it's a bit misleading to be honest. Why not use a direct statement like "Out of stock" or have something on your website explaining the situation.

I understand the pressure covid has placed on a lot of manufacturing, but it would have been nice to have that information and understand the issue prior to purchase.
bdmeadows1

Postby ElBrianL » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:26 pm

I guess we are in it for the long hall. Should we assume IK will revise their warranty on this from "date of original purchase" to reflect the long delay in shipping?
ElBrianL

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:28 pm

We get more units as they are available, regularly, and ship them out to those who have ordered them. If you feel there should be special consideration on warranty (which should start at the time of registration from what I can tell but support can verify that for you) or otherwise, IK Support can provide more detailed information.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby KxMino03 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:55 am

I ordered mine on July 23rd still waiting, but I really don't understand why it says "coming in July" and its August 20th.... starting to make me think July 2022
KxMino03

Postby ziggydejas » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:27 pm

The axe i/o must be a hot item… maybe that’s a good thing… I am getting just a tad-bit nervous about me ordering this item in the first place…However, I am being patient and trying to keep things in logical perspective due to the reduction of materials needed to produce this product and the demand for it. I optimistically believe Ikmultimedia is doing their best. Optimistically.
ziggydejas

Postby bdmeadows1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am

Hi All,

To Update

Got a nice surprise today. Fedex rang the door bell with a package from IK Multimedia containing my Axe I/O. My order status did not update from In Progress but did have a shipping date of 26/8/21. I guess this is why I didn't get an email saying it has shipped.

Was sent Fedex International Priority which was nice (I'm in Australia).

Small QC issue it is missing one of the rubber feet on the bottom so it doesn't sit flat on the desk, I couldn't find it in the box so I don't think it was ever put on. Haven't spent too much time with it yet but all seems to be working.

Hope everyone is getting theirs delivered.
bdmeadows1

Postby KxMino03 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:40 am

bdmeadows1 wrote:Hi All,

To Update

Got a nice surprise today. Fedex rang the door bell with a package from IK Multimedia containing my Axe I/O. My order status did not update from In Progress but did have a shipping date of 26/8/21. I guess this is why I didn't get an email saying it has shipped.

Was sent Fedex International Priority which was nice (I'm in Australia).

Small QC issue it is missing one of the rubber feet on the bottom so it doesn't sit flat on the desk, I couldn't find it in the box so I don't think it was ever put on. Haven't spent too much time with it yet but all seems to be working.

Hope everyone is getting theirs delivered.

When did u place your order? if you don’t mind me asking
KxMino03

Postby bdmeadows1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:48 am

Hi,

Late July like you. My only advice might be to check your order status. Mine had not progressed from "In Progress" but they did add a shipping date in the next column. I just hadn't checked in a while.

Hope you get yours soon.
bdmeadows1

Postby b0uch3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 pm

I noticed the same messaging when I ordered. I'm used to not being able to order things that are out of stock (PS5 for example! lol).

Seeing that this probably means there is a backlog, I will have to continue to use my old M-Audio interface.

I am curious how many others are waiting, and how the progress is going with shipping out devices.
b0uch3

Postby ziggydejas » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:42 am

I’ve been waiting since July 27th, 2021. No idea what exactly is going other than what is posted on here about the backlog. I wish the final order page would of indicated the unit “out of stock” or the equivalent. Or else I wouldn’t of bought the thing… however i’m patiently waiting and hope soon they’ll be able to produce units in good time.

Ziggy
ziggydejas

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers