I rig pre HD question

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

I rig pre HD question

Postby PaulDourge1961 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:28 pm

Hello there. I bought an i rig pre HD last week. The seller told me that in order to record a bass guitar I have to buy a direct box. Is that correct? and if so, any recommendation of what type of direct box should I get?
PaulDourge1961

Re: I rig pre HD question

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:44 pm

Since iRig Pre HD is a mic preamp that has an XLR input connector you would need to accomplish two things which you can via a direct box / DI: First, you'll need a 1/4" input. Second, you'll need to convert the bass signal to a signal whose level and such can be recognized by a mic preamp. Typically you'd plug an electric bass into a Hi-Z/Instrument input on an audio interface (or into an amp or similar, of course) which expect the type of signal from your bass.

For guitar and bass I recommend Z-TONE DI. It gives you a great and quiet direct box plus the ability to shape your tone with the Z-TONE circuit.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: I rig pre HD question

Postby PaulDourge1961 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Thank you very much Peter_IK!
PaulDourge1961

Return to Interfaces & Controllers