AXE IO resale qns

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO resale qns

Postby elflord1973 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm wondering what happens regarding registration and softawre when selling these used ?

Questions I have, all assuming the seller has registered their unit (because registration is required to download the software that is needed to activate some essential functions of the unit, I'd assume this is the case if the unit was in fact used)

(1) since the new owner needs to "register" to download the essential control user, does the original owner also have to "unregister" ?
(2) I saw something in other threads about "license transfer fees" or similar. who pays what fee to who ?
(3) since the hardware unit comes bundled with Amplitube 4 or 5 software, what happens to that software when the unit is transferred ? Does the original owner keep the software, or does the software follow the unit (or the registered owner of the hardware) ? Some sellers indicate in the listing that they intend to keep the software, would this prevent the new owner from registering the product and obtaining the drivers/control panel ? Or, is it the case that once the original owner has registered, the Amplitube package stays with them regardless of transfer of the AXE I\/O registration ?
elflord1973

Re: AXE IO resale qns

Postby elflord1973 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:05 pm

based on this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25411

it looks like :
(1) original owner has to unregister or arrange for a transfer
(3) it looks like the new owner does not get the amplitube software (it's not clear to me whether or not the original owner can continue to use it since some kind of unregistration is required at their end)

(2) still unknown
elflord1973

Re: AXE IO resale qns

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:20 pm

This FAQ details the license transfer process and should answer your questions. Beyond that IK Support will likely be able to help as they can look directly at accounts and such: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers