AXE I/O - can headphones out monitor DAW?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O - can headphones out monitor DAW?

Postby Greggo704 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Awaiting on an AXE I/O Interface as it seems perfect for my needs but I read a worrying comment - some said on a review when you use headphones it monitors only the raw guitar sound and not the sound of the DAW plus wet sound of guitar when using amp sims.

Is this true? I assumed like most interface using headphones is the sound coming back from DAW.

I've used search function but would like someone to please confirm this. I don't use monitors I exclusively use headphones.

Thanks!
Greggo704

Re: AXE I/O - can headphones out monitor DAW?

Postby tgchan » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Hello,

I am using amplitube 5 standalone with my axe i/o and I had no problem with playing on my headphones at all. I could also play on headphones and still blast it through 2 studio monitors as well.
tgchan

Postby Greggo704 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Received it today, no worries at all works in the exact way I wanted it to - not sure what that guy was talking about!
Greggo704

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:15 pm

Greggo704 wrote:Received it today, no worries at all works in the exact way I wanted it to - not sure what that guy was talking about!

Awesome, it's a great interface. So good I grabbed two! If you can recall the review where you read about the headphone out please let me know. I hope they were talking about Amp Out which does only output the dry signal for reamping.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Greggo704 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:37 pm

Found it:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ce/reviews

The interview header is "routing is a bit weird". I can only assume the guy didn't have the monitor switch all the way to right?

And yes it's an awesome interface I love it! I had the Z-tone DI which I used with scarlet 2i2 but having it all in one is so much better, plus the noise floor is lower so far less hissing on high gain patches on amp sims.

Love the Z-tone, I use it a lot on bass with no tone control and on Telecasters for the most benefit. How do you use it?
Greggo704

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:25 am

Thanks for that! I can't even count how many times that knob got twiddled in the wrong direction during NAMM and other shows :)

I mainly use it for guitar, to varying degrees with a couple of my main players and really like how it can shape the tone nicely on anything from my trusty Les Paul Studio daily driver to my Warmoth Strat copy that I put together around 1987 (and then had a real luthier fix my mistakes on) and even to my really cheap knockaround guitars like a Tele copy that I have more for others to pick up when they're here but it actually isn't too bad a guitar for what it is. I have used it with active pickups too, but I don't break out that 7-string too much. My Warmoth Strat copy has the original Lace Sensors which aren't active but can honestly lack a little life for the sake of being super quiet but they sound great through AXE I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers