AXE I/O Control Panel Issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Control Panel Issues

Postby releasefromwithin » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:06 pm

I finally got it and... this can't be how this is supposed to work.

First issue:
In the CONTROLLER window, I'm unable to change (or retain) anything. ALL the CC numbers are the same. I can change the first one (Data Knob) by dragging up or down, but then when I settle on a number....say 22.... ALL the other CC#'s change to 22. It doesn't matter what number I choose, they all change to the same number. If I try to change any of the other 3, it flashes a random number and then always goes back to the number that's in the Date Knob CC#. It makes the preset knob useless in Amplitube because I can't select anything (because it needs the Date Push button to be set at 23). And then in Amplitube, sometimes the Preset knob opens the preset menu, but most of the time it doesn't. It makes no sense to me. And right clicking in the window to reset it doesn't change anything, they still show the same numbers.

Second Issue:
I need to reset the External Controller 2 to "Single Switch" every time I open it. It always defaults to "Double Switch".

Third Issue:
Everytime my computer goes to sleep I lose the USB connection light. Audio still seems to play, but it only comes back if I hit the power button on and off. I really hope I don't need to turn it on and off everytime I sit down at the computer.

These issues can't be how this is supposed to work. I'm on a Macbook Pro (2019 Intel) and Big Sur 11.5. I've deleted the control panel app a few times (using Clean My Mac so I get the leftovers), restarted after each try, and the problems are still there.
releasefromwithin

Re: AXE I/O Control Panel Issues

Postby tgchan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:04 am

Same here. Using standalone amplitube 5.
tgchan

Postby releasefromwithin » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:31 pm

I opened a support ticket on July 5th about this. And I STILL haven't heard back.

It took TWO MONTHS to get the unit and now this? I realize we're in a pandemic (and there were supply chain issues) but no communication on when it might arrive..... and now.... 10 days to respond to customer support.... my confidence in IK is dropping by the minute.
releasefromwithin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

releasefromwithin wrote:I opened a support ticket on July 5th about this. And I STILL haven't heard back.

It took TWO MONTHS to get the unit and now this? I realize we're in a pandemic (and there were supply chain issues) but no communication on when it might arrive..... and now.... 10 days to respond to customer support.... my confidence in IK is dropping by the minute.

That is unusual, have you checked your spam/junk filters? What is your ticket number?

Please note that we have guidelines posted for what to do when you are not satisfied with your IK Support ticket at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby releasefromwithin » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm

They either saw my post or finally got around to it because they finally responded today.

"This is a known issue in the Control panel with Big Sur only at this point, the Dev team knows and it will be addressed in the next update."

That's it.

So who the F knows when that'll get fixed? A week from now? Maybe with the next OS?

80% of why I bought this unit was for the expression control.... which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.... and there's no ETA on a solution.

To say I'm a bit frustrated with IK is an understatement.
releasefromwithin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers