Female midi connectors

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Female midi connectors

Postby MarieB007 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi
Just purchased the irig pro I/O however, my kawai digital piano has both female in and out midi connectors and the connection cables from the 2.5 mm iack on the irig are also female. I would appreciate any advice as to what I need to purchase to connect the irig to my piano - I am not very good at connections and it seems a bit overwhelming. Appreciate any advice. Thanks
MarieB007

Re: Female midi connectors

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Your iRig Pro I/O should have included the following:

2.5mm TRS male to MIDI female adapter (10cm / 3.9")

If yours did not include that cable please notify IK Support who can help you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MarieB007 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Hi Peter
Thanks for your reply. I do have those but as they are female and the midi ports on my piano are also female I cannot connect them directly. I need an adapter of some sort but I don’t know which one to purchase. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
MarieB007

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:29 pm

MarieB007 wrote:Hi Peter
Thanks for your reply. I do have those but as they are female and the midi ports on my piano are also female I cannot connect them directly. I need an adapter of some sort but I don’t know which one to purchase. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Ah sorry, I understand now. You would still need a MIDI cable as you would use for any MIDI gear with standard connectors.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MarieB007 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Thanks for that Peter. I wonder if you could be specific about exactly what cable I need. I have no experience with connections and don’t know what to purchase. Is there a link you could post to a particular cable perhaps? I do appreciate your help. Thanks
Marie.
MarieB007

Postby MarieB007 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Is it possible to just use a male to male 5 pin midi cable as a connector? I haven’t used midi ports before so I don’t know if you can just plug a female into a male directly?
Or would I also need a connector?
Thanks
MarieB007

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Yes, a 5-pin male MIDI cable is perfect.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MarieB007 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Thanks for your help Peter I appreciate it. Hope to be up and running soon.
MarieB007

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:58 pm

MarieB007 wrote:Thanks for your help Peter I appreciate it. Hope to be up and running soon.

You're welcome. MIDI can be daunting at first but it gets easier to understand as you use it. I forced myself to learn a lot about it a long time ago because I wanted to test out of a MIDI class due to not exactly enjoying the teacher :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers