How to move AXE IO to another computer

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

How to move AXE IO to another computer

Postby wstipp » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:37 pm

AXE IO was not working properly on my desktop - my existing audio device kept interfering. I decided to move it to my laptop but when I tried to register it there I keep getting an error that says "serial number already in use" which I assume is because it is registered on my desktop. I tried to "unauthorize" the AXE IO in product manager on my desktop but there is no option to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
wstipp

Re: How to move AXE IO to another computer

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm

You don't need to register your serial number on each computer. You can download and install the Control Panel/Drivers from IK Product Manager on the other computer and you will be set.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wstipp » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:18 pm

I don't see how to download the drivers in product manager. The device does not appear in product manager at all. And then, if I don't register it, how do I get the Amplitube Max bundle that was sold along with the Axe IO?
wstipp

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:47 pm

wstipp wrote:I don't see how to download the drivers in product manager. The device does not appear in product manager at all. And then, if I don't register it, how do I get the Amplitube Max bundle that was sold along with the Axe IO?

If you are logged into Product Manager with the account you used to register AXE I/O it will show up under Hardware. And the software that is unlocked with show up under Software.

If this isn't the case, please contact IK Support who can look directly at your account and have other ways to directly troubleshoot your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wstipp » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Thank you for your help. I figured out the problem and I have my AXE IO up and running on the laptop. But, now I can't seem to get Amplitube 5 max to show up in product manager. I see Amplitube 5 but no Amplitube 5 max. I authorized max via product manager and the authorization manager but it's still not in product manager. I also tried the refresh function in product manager but that does not seem to work. Should I just try installing Amplitube 5? It doesn't say Amplitube 5 max. Thank you very much for your help. Your support has been great!
wstipp

Return to Interfaces & Controllers