Lag when switching presets stomp i/o

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Lag when switching presets stomp i/o

Postby theodore1 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 am

Hey there my setup is AmpliTube 4 on windows laptop i5 -4300U with 8gb Ram Windows 10

and stomp I/O

When I switch presets, 1 out of 3 or 4 times there's a 3 or so seconds pause before it actually loads the preset.

I've tried lots of things like setting buffer to 1024 or even as high as 2048 and as low as 512 or even sample rate at 44100 @ 16 bit or 24bit and nothing works :(

On my desktop though, where I use the stomp I/o only as a usb "standalone" device and audio, inputs and outputs is handled by my focusrite scarlett, it works fine!

And I have set the buffer to like 64 @44.1k @ 32 bit !! Yes the desk is an i7 with 16g of ram but the desk runs a ton of things including Daw , games etc while the lappie is meant to only run Amplitube and is way more than the recommended specs...

Any ideas???????? I dont want to carry my scarlett around live and rehearsals...that';s why i bought the Stomp i/o and not a cheap Harley benton other midi/usb foot controller cause I wanted both the ease of control and the audio interface in one pack!

Any suggestions are more than welcome!
theodore1

Re: Lag when switching presets stomp i/o

Postby theodore1 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:31 pm

So yes my number 1 problem with this solution, amplitube on windows laptop and stomp i/o,

an 800euro + solution excluding any software has finally been resolved.

Well it seems that there is an irig asio driver after all, that 2 months ago that i purchased the unit was nowhere to be seen in the units specs or other stomp i/o pages..

Now it is however.

So I unistalled the standard asio driver, installed IRIG asio and now there's absolutely no lag when I switch presets.

Of course IK wouldnt be a genuine Italian company if the fix did not include the typical FIAT issues that happen to the FERRARIs...Everything works ok now sonicaly, but I dont have the typical stomp interface in my laptop any more. I just have the regular amplitube interface you have if you dont own the stomp io or if you use amplitube as a vst, but still I can switch presets and there's no lag.

I'm kind of scared to request a fix as I'll take it anyday that this 800+ solution now works great for the first time for me rather than having back the interface and go back to not dare to switch from distortion preset to clean preset while playing live!
theodore1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers