iRig Stream choppy audio

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stream choppy audio

Postby Landonmathers08 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:04 am

I run the IRig stream to my iPhone to live stream church services. last Sunday it worked fine and then this Sunday i get choppy audio. the audio is fine coming through the headphone output on the irig stream. the audio on FB live is choppy for the first few minutes. I had no idea until someone let me know what was going on, then i just unplugged it and used the iPhone mic.
Listen here https://www.facebook.com/shilohbaptistramseur/videos/316111520015816

i really need to get this resolved by next Sunday. Anyone else have this problem? is it this device or FB Live? Solutions?
Landonmathers08

Re: iRig Stream choppy audio

Postby Trinityplattsburgh » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 pm

I had exactly the same problem yesterday. Wondering if Facebook did something. Please post it you have solution. I will too.
Trinityplattsburgh

Postby Landonmathers08 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:35 am

Trinityplattsburgh wrote:I had exactly the same problem yesterday. Wondering if Facebook did something. Please post it you have solution. I will too.

Which app were you using? Facebook or Facebook business suite? I was using FB Business Suite. I wonder if the Facebook app would be different?
Landonmathers08

Postby Trinityplattsburgh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:50 pm

No I was using plain Facebook
Trinityplattsburgh

Postby Trinityplattsburgh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:01 pm

I tried again to post a live Facebook feed using the irig. We had a professional tech in the building and he thought it was something that Facebook had done. Tomorrow I will record a video using the irig and see if a prerecorded post will work correctly.
Trinityplattsburgh

Postby Landonmathers08 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:11 am

This was sent to me after I contacted IK media about this issue

Hello Landon,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

While the steps below should not be required, we've these steps help prevent users from running into any snags with live streaming based apps on iOS.

These steps will help with your Instagram Live, FaceBook Live, YouTube Live, or Live Streaming app (with digital audio support). If your app or device does not support digital audio input, these steps may not work. If iRig Recorder 3 LE works, and your app still does not accept audio, check with the app's support team to make sure they allow this kind of input.In these cases, you can still record high quality video with iRig Recorder 3 and post it after, this will help get around your app/device limitations and also post a stereo signal for your viewers to enjoy.

Please try these steps below:

Download and launch iRig Recorder 3 LE from the Apple App Store. This is a free app.
Go to the Menu in the upper right hand corner and then go to Settings. Inside here enable the Background audio option.
Use the COG WHEEL in the main page to select your input source. Keep in mind this is only an option for multi-input devices, so if you see a greyed out "Mono" option, this is because your device only offers this kind of input signal.
Note: Instagram Live will only allow a mono signal when streaming. Unfortunately, this is not under IK's control. Do note, posting videos will allow stereo signals.
Make sure "Loopback" is not enabled unless intended to be. Read more on Loopback here. Do note, the iRig Stream will allow direct monitoring at all times. In some cases, you might hear a duplicate signal from iRig Recorder 3. In these cases, make sure to mute the headphone level in iRig Recorder 3. To do this, tap the headphone level and then tap the "X" on top of the headphones.
Launch Facebook or Instagram and go to the Live video function. The audio input will now be routed to these apps.
Keep in mind, most apps, including Instagram and Facebook Live will not allow the playback of copyrighted content. Playing back copyrighted content can have your Live stream stopped without an error. Some apps will require you to start the video recording to activate your microphone. Not all apps will offer external audio input for every video capture option. In Instagram, the "Story" feature will not allow external devices.
Landonmathers08

Postby Trinityplattsburgh » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:17 pm

Please post if irig response helped. I already have the app. I will try to use it and post pre recorded video.
Trinityplattsburgh

Postby Trinityplattsburgh » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:37 pm

I believe I have solved the issue in my case. For a long time we were waiting to plug in the Irig until the Facebook stream had begun. The sound wouldn’t go through the irig unless I did that. Yesterday I tried plugging the I rig in first before starting the stream and it worked. The choppy sound was gone. There may have been a tweak in iOS or Facebook that changed something. Fingers crossed and a little prayer that it will work on Sunday as well. Hope this helps your issue too.
Trinityplattsburgh

Postby ValleyviewSoundGuy1 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Had the same problem, beginning on the same Sunday. Was also launching the Facebook app after connecting our iRig.

After using the built-in mic last week, I'm happy to confirm that the fix posted by Trinity also worked for me... I connected the iRig before launching FB app - and everything sounded great today :)
ValleyviewSoundGuy1

Postby Trinityplattsburgh » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:21 pm

unfortunately the fix I posted for you did not continue to work for me.
Trinityplattsburgh

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Trinityplattsburgh wrote:unfortunately the fix I posted for you did not continue to work for me.

I would recommend reaching out to IK Support in this case as they can assist you directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers