Problems connecting a 2021 iPad Pro to an iRig Pro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Problems connecting a 2021 iPad Pro to an iRig Pro

Postby bsaunders2 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:13 pm

I have an iRig Pro audio interface, which shipped with two cables: MINI Din to lightning and MINI Din to USB. I also have the power supply for the iRig, which means that my old 6th gen iPad was charging when connected to the iRig.

Recently I purchased a 2021 iPad Pro, which uses USB-C. Bought a cheap (€3) USB to USB-C adapter to attach to the cable that came with the iRig. This worked in that audio was flowing from my mic/guitar to the iRig, and I could monitor through headphones connected to it, but the new iPad was not charging.

Therefore, I contacted Thomann who advised that IK have a new MINI Din to USB-C lead - cost including shipping from Germany to Spain a whopping €50. C'est la vie, I thought, I have to have it - it arrived yesterday. Result - exactly as per the €3 adapter adapter - audio, but no charge reaching the new iPad Pro.

Currently awaiting a response from Thomann.

Anyone else had problems connecting an iRig to a new iPad Pro?
bsaunders2

Re: Problems connecting a 2021 iPad Pro to an iRig Pro

Postby DoneDeal937 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:45 pm

I have the same issue with the KEYS PRO will not even turn on and I bought the connection with the usb-c. Not happy at all that nothing works
DoneDeal937

Re: Problems connecting a 2021 iPad Pro to an iRig Pro

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:50 am

Hello to both of you and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers