Z-Tone DI into the Stomp I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Z-Tone DI into the Stomp I/O

Postby dakfat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:43 am

Would running a Z-Tone DI into the Stomp I/O make a noticeable improvement in sound?
dakfat

Re: Z-Tone DI into the Stomp I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:29 am

It would have the same effect it would with other audio interfaces so yes it would!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dakfat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:31 am

Thanks for that info Peter. I might give it a try... Are there plans to integrate the circuit in a Stomp I/O Mlk II ?

Also, could the Z-Tone DI be powered by the 48v phantom power that the Stomp IO supplies for mics?
dakfat

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:44 pm

I don't have any information on a MkII with Z-TONE but that's a cool idea.

As far as powering with phantom power, yes you can, per the Z-TONE DI web page:

Z-TONE DI runs off a 9V battery for easy portability, but can also be powered by +48v phantom power from your mixer or interface to run longer sessions without worries!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dakfat » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:44 am

Just ordered a Z Tone Buffer Boost so I can try it in front of the Stomp I/O. I figured it would make more sense to opt for the stomp pedal format over the table top format
dakfat

Return to Interfaces & Controllers