iRig HD2 & IPhone- click noise

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2 & IPhone- click noise

Postby David3356 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:39 am

I just purchased an iRig HD2 device; when I run it with the AMPLITUBE apps on my Iphone 6S, after several minutes of play some kind of "click" noise appears and stay present. The only way to stop it is to close the apps and/or disconet the iRig Cable. but then it happens again when relaunched!
My connecting cables are OK
The latency is set to Low
The device works fine when I run it on a PC (Icore 7 Win 10) with AMPLITUBE 5 with Winamp running simultaneously in backing track background.
So the problem seems to be related to the coupling of the iRig device with the Iphone.

Any ideas where the problem comes from ?

Thanks

David
David3356

Re: iRig HD2 & IPhone- click noise

Postby Mattleggett1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:59 pm

Did this get resolved? I get this too with a brand new hd2
Mattleggett1

Postby David3356 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:07 pm

Unfortunately not so far; investigation with IK multimedia technical support team is still underway; here are some of their suggestions that I tested without success:
1. Close all open apps.
2. Turn off your iOS device by holding the LOCK and HOME buttons until the Apple logo is seen, this is a "Hard-reset" to make sure all app processes are closed.
3. Wait 10 - 20 seconds before powering your device back on.
4. Turn OFF WiFi and Bluetooth.
5. Turn ON Airplane mode.
6. Open your IK Multimedia app.
7. Go to the Menu -> Setting.
8. Turn Latency to LOW*
9. Turn Auto Sleep OFF**
10. Turn Oversampling OFF**
11. Check to see if this helps and let us know your results. If issues do persist, back up any associated projects/presets with your app via iTunes File-Sharing and reinstall your app. If you are unsure how to back up your files, please let us know before reinstalling to ensure no data is lost.

Let me know if you find a solution! Thanks David
David3356

Postby Nigel667 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:06 pm

Hi, I have this clicking noise with a new iRig2 and 9th Gen iPad. Same iRig works with no noise with friend’s iPad 7th Gen. I’ve tried the above - aeroplane, reinstall apps, update iOS etc. Is this a general compatibility issue with 9th Gen or are there ways of preventing this clicking noise?
Nigel667

Postby David3356 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:46 pm

After many testing trying different device setting, the problem was finanly solved by sending my iRrg back to IK multimedia for repair. I don't know what has been done, but after they return the deivce, it worked fine and the click was no longer there. So in my case it was a hardware problem.
David3356

Return to Interfaces & Controllers