Help with AXE I/O Solo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Help with AXE I/O Solo

Postby Cazdog666 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:33 am

Hi all,

just bought an Axe I/O Solo and I'm having trouble getting a decent sound from either of my two guitars and I'm not 100% sure why. One is a Solar 6-string and a Schecter 7-string. Both sound very muddy, fuzzy and just inarticulate when trying to play anything on the top 3/4 strings

First of all i'm using non studio quality headphones (hyperx cloud 2 gaming headset) which is plugged in through my PC. I can only use Windows Audio. ASIO does not work at all while having latest driver. I can't use DirectSound either as I can't use any low latency sample rates because the gain/crackle/fuzz is ridiculous. The minimum latency I had before I noticed any crackling was at around 18-20ms..

I feel my PC is well above standards to run. CPU is i7 9700k / 16gb RAM and it's usage is pretty low when running any plugin.

Any ideas on what I can do to improve quality? I might be missing something obvious and stupid so I appreciate any ideas.
Cazdog666

Re: Help with AXE I/O Solo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:40 pm

If you are not using the ASIO drivers for AXE I/O Solo that's likely the issue. Did you try to install the drivers and control panel and run into a problem?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cazdog666 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:56 am

Peter_IK wrote:If you are not using the ASIO drivers for AXE I/O Solo that's likely the issue. Did you try to install the drivers and control panel and run into a problem?

Hi Peter, thanks for reaching out.

Are there specific asio drivers? Could you please point them out if there are i've only used ASIO4ALL drivers and I get no sound whatsoever however I get a notification in bottom right when changing sample rate/buffer size so the drivers are installed.
Cazdog666

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:13 pm

Yes, you can download the drivers/control panel software from the IK Product Manager. This will also allow you to adjust levels, etc from the control panel as well as including a firmware check/update function.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers