Did anyone else purchase the Axe I/O from IK?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Did anyone else purchase the Axe I/O from IK?

Postby StratMan63 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Good day all.
Today is May 29th. I purchased the Axe I/O bundle with Amplitube 5 upgrade on the 15th.
Paid the extra $16.00 for 2 day delivery,two weeks later I am still waiting for some info on when to expect my I/O. Sent two correspondence's to customer service and I get automated responses back!! What they say is that they are having some problems getting some parts for the device and will let me know when, or if it will ship.
I think the message also indicated that I could cancel the purchase, but I don't know if that would also cancel my upgrade.
I love what they have done with the updated Amplitube, but hate that I can't get the Axe I/O.
Anyone else have this problem with IK?

Any thoughts, or ideas on what I should pursue?
StratMan63

Re: Did anyone else purchase the Axe I/O from IK?

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 29, 2021 3:01 pm

There are definitely component supply problems that have affected getting as many AXE I/O as needed but IK is fulfilling orders as quickly as possible. Since you've contacted IK, please let me know your ticket number and order number, and I'll have our Support Manager look into why you didn't get a response to your tickets. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby StratMan63 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:08 pm

Thank you Peter.I would appreciate any insights as I can get into this.
2021US286196WEB
Sales Pre Post [#7887224]
StratMan63

Postby Zato_Ichi » Sat May 29, 2021 6:34 pm

I ordered the Max bundle about a week before you. I had been looking at it since Jan but was waiting till some of the bugs were worked out, specifically in my case with M1 Macs. Back then it was immediate download and hardware when available. Still the same status. Meeting demand seems to be an issue with a number of hardware manufacturers. I work in commercial AV installs and hardware availability with the chip shortage is affecting a lot of products. This have affected a lot of manufacturers. Would just prefer a bit more transparency vs you'll get it whenever.

I'm getting by with a cheap interface but wanted the Axe I/O because many of the pickups in my instruments are ones I've wound myself. I am interested to see what Z-Tone brings to the table.

Still waiting hoping I get a shipped notification at some point soon.
Zato_Ichi

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Did you check with Sales/Order Support?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby StratMan63 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:04 am

Hey Darkstar, I followed the suggested "contact support" with the ?? and it seemed like an automated response. I still have the ol' PreSonus Audio Box, but wanted to try the new stuff.

In one of the responses I had for them stated that I would have rather known that there was a delay in getting the Axe I/O so my expectations wouldn't be so high. I guess I'm not the only one waiting for the device.

I do really appreciate the new software updates they did to the AmpliTube tho.
The new interface is very cool. I went with the 5 MAX and got all the bells and whistles.(well, most of them) sure would be nice to try out the new Axe. Guess I'll have to wait!
StratMan63

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Cleaned up the thread. Please do not post misinformation. Only an IK representative will have official information. IK does receive AXE I/O regularly and ships when we receive them. We have been fulfilling orders this way since the components shortage caused the supply to be lower than demand. Regardless, we keep receiving units and shipping them to fulfill orders.

Since this thread devolved into false information and everybody knows the component shortage is causing lower than expected volume of units produced and that we ARE getting them and fulfilling orders (and if you need an update or to change your order it cannot be done on the forum you will need to contact IK Support), the thread is closed.

When people can be civil and not pass clear misinformation because they are frustrated by something out of IK's control, threads remain open.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers