iRig Stomp I/O Win10 Update 20H2

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O Win10 Update 20H2

Postby sebastian.saip » Sun May 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Hey,
I've recently upgraded my Win10 and now face some very weird problems..
I'm using the Stomp as my Speaker Output in Windows and all of a sudden I could no longer control the volume through Windows.

I tried reinstalling drivers but had some weird problems (nothing was extracted to the directoy I picked during installation of IKMultimedia_iRig_UsbAudio_v4.82.0_2020-02-11), so I manually went to the Temp folder where IK Product Manager downloads the files and **somehow** got it working again by telling Windows to use the "IKMultimedia-iRig-UsbAudioks" driver file. (No idea what the difference between -ks and -non-ks is)
Anyway.. fast forward.. finally got sound in Windows again, after that I could install the driver the "normal way" and finally got the iRig Control Panel back in my task bar.

BUT... any time I restart windows (or shutdown / start), the device is not recognized anymore and the dance begins..

This is what I'm facing.. then I go to the device manager to see the device is not recognized anymore
So I manually tell Windows what this thing is, because auto-detect does not work
It then detects it
only to complain that the device "cannot be started"
And then I have to unplug and plug the USB back in and tada.. it works.

Is this just a driver problem that will be fixed with the next release? The changelog of the latest driver "v4.82.0_2020-02-11" says "added support for Windows10 1909", therefore I assume the current Windows10 version (20H2) is no longer supported? When will the next release be?
As you can imagine this is a real pain in the a every time I start my PC.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
sebastian.saip

Re: iRig Stomp I/O Win10 Update 20H2

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 23, 2021 10:38 pm

There shouldn't need to be an update for a Windows Update typically. Best course of action would be to seek official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can try to recreate your issue. Then they will either be able to fix it directly with you if it is an issue with something in your setup or if something global they will report to the developers and get it fixed.

If you have not opened a ticket already, that is. :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers