AXE I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX - Amp Out law signal

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX - Amp Out law signal

Postby Nstyle » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:53 am

Hello,
Just received my Axe I/O interface with Amplitube 5 Max bundle.
I also own personal amplifier combo.
I imput guitar on Input 1 and amp out to my amp guitar imput (correct me if I am wrong)
The issue is that the signal out from "Amp Out" is very very low.
The idea is to choose if I want play via Amplitube 5 (and so my monitors) or via my amplifier combo (well and eventually both) in live.
Actually it's impossible as the "amp out" is so low that the result is closed to nothing from my amp.
Can you help me ?
Nstyle

Re: AXE I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX - Amp Out law signal

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:26 pm

Please make sure you have the latest driver + Control Panel as well as the latest firmware installed. There were improvements made via firmware for Amp Out. If this does not resolve your issue, please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Nstyle » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Ok, thank you, I will submit a support request as all is up to date.
Nstyle

Postby Nstyle » Wed May 05, 2021 6:56 am

Hello, finnaly, support request cannot help me. According to my test.
(For information, drivers and firmware are well up to date)

I found a partial solution, when I close the AXE I/O interface and open it again with the switch button on the back, AMP OUT works well. But it's not constant, If I not use the interface for a certain amount of time for guitar amp out, it doesn't work anymore, I had to close it again and restart (back on/off button).

Maybe a solution starting point ?

Or maybe it's my interface that's broken.

As it's a new interface, it's a software issue or I have to return them to the shop?

It is quite possible that it is a bug of the firmware. I don't know, it's your product, I like it but with constant stability will be much much better.
Nstyle

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 05, 2021 4:22 pm

Yes, support can help you specifically with what you are looking to find out (faulty unit? Something with firmware? etc?). That's what they are there for.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Nstyle » Wed May 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Hello, I received an answer saying : it's like that, it's normal... not really usefull
Nstyle

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 05, 2021 5:11 pm

I'm sure that inconsistency is not just how it works. Please reply back and let them know that you need help with that issue.

Edit - the last reply did not say "that's how it works" at all, and previously they did note that there is a slight difference in signal strength at Amp Out vs the Input (which is indeed normal and does not affect reamping at all, see their last reply with an example of the signal being strong for typical usage). The tech was not able to recreate your issue with their AXE I/O and provided something to look at to see. So it is possible to have it working correctly. They said also, specifically "Thanks, we are looking into your issue." So please do ask them if you are unclear as to what your next steps are. The tech is currently helping and has been throughout.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Nstyle » Thu May 06, 2021 7:21 pm

Yes, I am sure too. It's why, I would like to know if this is a driver issue or a issue with the my AXE I/O.

Regarding the difference, there is something like 15db less. In other word, If I amp out to my amp, almost no sound (so low gain).

I see other people talking about the same issue on YouTube.

[mod edit - they too can work with support, but this is definitely something addressed with firmware updates]

I don't know if it's a compatibility issue, or an interface issue or a software issue.

(but for me no input clipping like him but less gain that him on amp out)
Nstyle

Postby Nstyle » Thu May 06, 2021 7:46 pm

Please see below a capture screen (no sound) showing you the db issue between the input and the amp out. You can see the big diffence also on the AXE I/O software.

[mod edit - send this to IK Support in your ticket and they'll continue to assist you]
Nstyle

Return to Interfaces & Controllers