Stomp i/o Looper

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp i/o Looper

Postby ChrisMowag » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:25 am

Hi there,

I just got me the stomp i/o and it works ok with at5 and my macbook pro.
The problem I'm having is probably just a setting thing that I can't figure out:
I can enter the looper and operate within it. No problem so far.
However when I want to change sounds my issues start. Everytime I try to get back to stomp/preset mode, the loop just stops and I'm left with silence.
Any advice is appreciated.
ChrisMowag

Re: Stomp i/o Looper

Postby ChrisMowag » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 am

After some more research I found a post in the "wishlist" that suggests that this is common within at5.
This is hard to believe for me... Can anyone confirm that this basic feature is lacking?
ChrisMowag

Postby NickM12345 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 pm

Any updates on this??

It seems like a basic use case:
Use preset 1 to record some chords with the looper.
Switch to preset 2 to solo over the loop.

It should also be possible to keep a loop playing while you switch the Stomp I/O out of loop mode and into Live / Stomp mode, so you can turn individual pedals in a preset on and off while soloing.

This should all be doable with the stomp i/o foot controls. How are you supposed to do this? It must be possible, right?? What is the best way to do this? Or at least get close?
NickM12345

Postby mikeyp2000 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:15 pm

I've also just received my Stomp IO to use with Mac Amplitube 5 max.

I'm struggling to work out how to switch presets while using the looper.

Its seems like it should be simple - here's how I imagined it working from the sketchy details in the AT5 user guide....
1) Pick a preset
2) Press buttons 1/2 together to enter loop mode.
3) record a loop
4) press buttons 1/2 together to get back to live mode (stomp or preset, don't mind which but prefer)
5) maybe still be allowed to press 3/4 to switch between stomp and preset)
6) Play my newly chosen preset over the recorded loop.

But it just doesn't seem to work like that - it all goes wrong at step 4

After I've activated the loop, I can't seem to get the Stomp IO to work in stomp or preset met at all. Even though it shows the right screen (with the presets and stomps at the top), an button presses still seem to go to controlling the looper section.

How on earth do you get back to normal live mode after having visited the looper? Quit the app??
mikeyp2000

Postby Sehablacaveman1 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:12 am

Good description, my problem matches exactly. Basically can't switch away from the looper interface with the iRig Stomp I/O without stopping the loop (by pressing 1 & 2 simultaneously).

Anyone found a fix for this?
Sehablacaveman1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers