Feedback when re-amping with IR's in Amplitube

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Feedback when re-amping with IR's in Amplitube

Postby CreepyMo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:43 am

(Note to IK: my last feedback issue had to do with A/B switches and no re-amping. This issue is re-amping and no A/B switches so I'm starting a new ticket).

So I watched the videos on how to setup re-amping with cabinets and mics and it works fine, except for the fact that my 1x8 played at a whisper due to noise restrictions isn't going to work so I tried going my usual Load Box/IR solution where I'd run my amp into my RockCrusher, then DI it back into the Axe to use it's IR stuff. This is where it gets strange because not only was I getting massive feedback trying to run the Load Box back into the Axe, it would give feedback if I plugged the Load Box into an entirely different interface plugged into a different computer. And I don't mean subtle background noise I mean massive and sudden bursts when I plug the cable in. It seems like there's no way to use re-amping with IR at all, even if you use try to use a separate interface for the Load Box output. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
Thanks!
-CM
CreepyMo

Re: Feedback when re-amping with IR's in Amplitube

Postby CreepyMo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:31 am

OK so after adjusting 100 different things I'd get it to work, then BOOM back to feedback. This is when I discovered something very important: the solution at this point when I get feedback using the re-amping is to go into the Axe IO Control Panel's Interface section, then at the bottom right there's the "Amp Out" bit with two buttons on top. Toggle the "GND LFT" button on and off a few times and if you're set up like me the feedback goes away. I'm not sure if this was causing the original problem I was having when I posted this but keep that trick in mind if this ever comes up for anyone else.
-CM
CreepyMo

Return to Interfaces & Controllers