motu with amplitube plug in to ableton [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

motu with amplitube plug in to ableton [Resolved]

Postby james_mistura_fina » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi...I'm very very new to this so please excuse the basic question here but I'm lost as.. :shock:
So I have amplitube 5 now and I have a motu ultra lite mk3. I'm trying to use amplitube as a plug in to ableton live 10 on a Mac High Sierra. I'm plugging the bass direct into a jack input and can get a sound when using amplitube stand alone. I can get a signal thru ableton but not with amplitube. After reading around the tutorials I notice step 1 is Connect your iRig or Audio/MIDI interface to your system and launch Ableton Live. Now...I'm guessing my motu isn't what is needed maybe because I can't get it to work. I can't get passed step 1. Is there a way I can use this Motu? Or do I need something else?
Thanks very much. I hope somebody can help me.
james_mistura_fina

Re: motu with amplitube plug in to ableton

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Your Motu should be fine. :)

I do not know what tutorials you are following. You posted that you can get an audio signal into Ableton Live so that shows that the Motu is working. But yu make need to set up tje AUdio Preferences.

The next thing to do is add AmpliTube as an Insert effect to the track in Live (I would think, as I have never used it). Just as you would with any other effect in Live.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby james_mistura_fina » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:08 pm

Thanks for your reply...
This is what I've been trying to follow without success https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1238
I have opened amplitube in the audio track in Ableton but not getting the sound. I have gone to audio settings and midi settings but not sure why I can't get it to work. I thought maybe it was something to do with midi..?? IDK....
james_mistura_fina

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:27 pm

That tutorial is relevant if you want to sue some sort of MIDI controller to control (automate) the parameters for AmpliTube when in a DAW. So it may not be relevant to want you want to do.

Maybe an Ableton Live user will chip in with advice.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby james_mistura_fina » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:07 am

Hi Dark Star... oh ok... thanks.. that's not what I want to do. Thanks.. So I guess basically then I can't seem to get Ableton and Amplitube to talk to each other. I can drop amplitube as a plug into an Ableton track not with amplitube sounds. It must be something really simple. I'm going to keep trying but if someone knows what I could try or doing wrong I would be so grateful to resolve this.. thanks
james_mistura_fina

Postby james_mistura_fina » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:50 am

****RESOLVED****
If you have Ableton and have opened amplitube as a plugin to an Ableton track make sure the track is armed and monitor on auto...that's how I resolved it...
james_mistura_fina

Re: motu with amplitube plug in to ableton [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:20 am

Good oh :)

--------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Interfaces & Controllers