Axe I/O Audio Dropout

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O Audio Dropout

Postby RidiculousWonk » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:53 pm

A few times per day, I experience an audio dropout when listening to iTunes or playing YouTube videos. I can correct the issue by power cycling my Axe I/O. I am running Windows 10 (fully patched) on a Ryzen 5 3600X, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo, with 16GB or RAM at 3000mhz and a 2TB SSD.

An email to IK support resulted in the typical IT response (check your cables, reinstall your drivers, etc.), all of which I have done with no success. This has been an issue with the interface for quite a while and I am at my point of frustration, thinking of switching to another product.

Has anyone else encountered, or more importantly, solved a similar issue?
RidiculousWonk

Re: Axe I/O Audio Dropout

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Hello RidiculousWonk and welcome to the forum.

RidiculousWonk wrote:An email to IK support resulted in the typical IT response (check your cables, reinstall your drivers, etc.), all of which I have done with no success.

Please reply to the last email/ticket you received, telling IK Support that their suggestions have not worked satisfactorily. They will take you through the next steps.

Thanks
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby raynobles » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:52 am

RidiculousWonk wrote:A few times per day, I experience an audio dropout when listening to iTunes or playing YouTube videos. I can correct the issue by power cycling my Axe I/O. I am running Windows 10 (fully patched) on a Ryzen 5 3600X, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo, with 16GB or RAM at 3000mhz and a 2TB SSD.

An email to IK support resulted in the typical IT response (check your cables, reinstall your drivers, etc.), all of which I have done with no success. This has been an issue with the interface for quite a while and I am at my point of frustration, thinking of switching to another product.

Has anyone else encountered, or more importantly, solved a similar issue?

I am having the same problem. Specifically Youtube. It will spin like a bad connection but it is not as try Speedtest and everything else works fine. I reset the AXE I/O and everything comes back on.
What are your audio device output and input settings look like? Mine lists three of them as 1/2 3/4 and 4/5 Not sure that is hw it should be.
raynobles

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Same advice as above. This is a matter for IK Support to work out with you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jbremner » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 pm

Same issue here (ticket opened). Rebooting allows sound for a few seconds then it cuts off again.
Running 1.05 firmware
Will update this post if support come back with a fix.
jbremner

Postby raynobles » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:23 pm

jbremner wrote:Same issue here (ticket opened). Rebooting allows sound for a few seconds then it cuts off again.
Running 1.05 firmware
Will update this post if support come back with a fix.

Any updates?
raynobles

Return to Interfaces & Controllers