Connect iRig pro duo to keyboard

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Connect iRig pro duo to keyboard

Postby janpylau21 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:26 am

Hi, I just bought a iRig pro duo I/O. I want to connect my keyboard to it. (only have MIDI In and out port on my keyboard). Although the package has several cables & adapters, I believe I still missed some cables. I just want some helps to identify what kind of adapters/cables do I need?
The keyboard midi out is a female midi pin. The 2 MIDI adapters that in the package are also female midi pin cable. I guess I need to buy some to connect the keyboard to iRig. So, any help would be very appreciated. Thanks. jl
janpylau21

Re: Connect iRig pro duo to keyboard

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello janpylau21 and welcome to the forum.

You can check the included cables here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigproduoio/index.php?p=specs.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Connect iRig pro duo to keyboard

Postby janpylau21 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:35 am

I got them all resolved by getting the following:
MIDI cable (male - male) from digital piano to IRig midi adapter and plug into IRig MIDI in.
Then a dynamic vocal microphone with XLR-XLR cable to IRig instrument input.
Then a TS unbalanced male to male cable from keyboard out (mono) to IRig instrument input.
And, finally, got a 9V AC/DC adapter with polarity inverter so it can change -/+.
The recording sounds are very cleared in Zoom & GarageBand. So far so good! jl
janpylau21

Return to Interfaces & Controllers