Can I remove IK Control Panel bloatware? Help

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can I remove IK Control Panel bloatware? Help

Postby wfreimark86 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:15 am

I just purchased a Axe i/o from Guitar Center it's in the mail. It was preowned. I am pretty sure it has the serial number, but I hear I can contact support. My question is, after I download and install this Control Panel software just to download a driver, can I then uninstall the Bloatware software from my PC and use the HARDWARE that I purchased with the software I want.

Really makes me nervous with control panels, I am old school it kind of reminds me of Real Player or Bonzai Buddy. I don't like Bloatware and Just like normal stuff.

I am hoping I am not required to have this 100mb control panel with all these other microtransaction offers on my PC. I just want to use this Interface with Ableton which I already have installed and registered. Later I may buy Amplitube depending on how I like the usability of this HARDWARE.
wfreimark86

Re: Can I remove IK Control Panel bloatware? Help

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Hello wfreimark86 and welcome to the forum.

I guess the hardware will still work if you uninstalled the Control Panel, but you wouldn't then be able to control routing, sample rates etc and anything else that doesn't have a physical control on the unit.

For a definitive answer, and in case no one else chimes in here with their experience, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Can I remove IK Control Panel bloatware? Help

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:05 pm

The Control Panel is part of the drivers for PC. It is like many other companies' interface drivers (Steinberg, etc). And it is not "bloatware", there are no "microtransaction" requests, nor is it large or intrusive in any way.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers