Axe I/O through amp?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O through amp?

Postby sonikreducr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:24 pm

Does the Axe I/O have an output with the ability to run the Amplitube signal through an amp in real time, as the Irig Pro 2 does? It is my understanding the the output on the front of the Axe I/O is for re-amping only (correct me if I am wrong on that), so can any of the rear outputs be run though an amp for playing in real time?
sonikreducr

Re: Axe I/O through amp?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:15 pm

AMP OUT is a direct signal to go out to an amp for reamping as you mention. The other outputs can be set in AmplITube 5 to output the effected signal.

Please note that when you are sending AmpliTube's effected signal to a guitar amplifier, you will be doubly "coloring" the signal since AmpliTube is already emulating the amplifier and the cabinet. You may need to do some tweaking to get good results in that workflow.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Axe I/O through amp?

Postby sonikreducr » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Thank you. If I used it in that way I would run the Amplitube signal through the effects return on the amp to bypass the preamp and essentially use the amp as a power amp only in that instance. When I play bass that is the standard way I run my rig, with all of the sound coming from a Sansamp pedal through the uncolored effects return of the amp. I am looking into buying an AXE I/O and doing all of the research I can before I decide it is right for me.
sonikreducr

Return to Interfaces & Controllers