AXE IO SOLO not working [for me] with USB 3.1 gen1/2 ports

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO SOLO not working [for me] with USB 3.1 gen1/2 ports

Postby TheRealDaray » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:19 pm

Hi,

My AXE IO SOLO refuses to work when I connect it to one of the USB 3.1 gen 1 or 2 ports on the back of my TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboard.

It does however work when I connect it to the USB 2.0 front ports... but I want to connect it to the back of my PC!

I thought the USB ports were backwards compatible? My keyboard and mouse works using them no problem.

It is the cable that needs to be USB 3.1?

I created a support ticket #2320985 two months ago, but haven't recieved a reply yet, so hopefully one of you have some ideas.

Thanks!
TheRealDaray

Re: AXE IO SOLO not working with USB 3.1 gen1/2 ports

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 pm

I don't know what could cause this, but I've relayed your ticket information to our Support Manager to see what went on there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Joserock4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:13 am

I can confirm this, tried to connect my Axe IO Solo to a USB 3.2 Port, and the USB light on the interface won't turn on, and windows won't recognize it.

I tried the USB 2.0 and windows automatically installed the drivers and recognizes it as "AXE IO SOLO" without any problem.
Joserock4

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:25 pm

I have two of mine in USB 3 ports, so it doesn't seem universal. Please report your issue to IK Support so they can see if there's something common among those who are having issues.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AXE IO SOLO not working [for me] with USB 3.1 gen1/2 por

Postby Simasolive5 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:19 pm

anyone found a solution? same happened to me with usb 3.1 gen1 and usb 2.0 ports.
Simasolive5

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 23, 2021 10:47 pm

Simasolive5 wrote:anyone found a solution? same happened to me with usb 3.1 gen1 and usb 2.0 ports.

Please report your issue to IK Support and I'm sure they will be able to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby samshool » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:02 am

I have the exact same issue, my axe solo just came in today but for love of god windows pc cannot detect it i made sure to install all drivers and control software.....my pc only has following inputs i tried in all

usb 3.2 gen 1
usb 3.2 gen 2

i dont have any usb 2 ports...how can i get the device to work? is this a usb version issue? i thot they would be backwards compatible for a usb 2 device. Im using the cable that came with the axe io solo.

thanks!!
samshool

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:34 pm

If no-one else chips in, then ...
Peter_IK wrote:Please report your issue to IK Support and I'm sure they will be able to assist you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby samshool » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:22 am

i got in touch with support...they asked me to change a few things inside amplitube 5 sound settings but that doesnt work...still doesnt address the problem that windows pc cannot recognize the device...it takes a while to get a reply back....this should be a no brainer..my mtrack device from 6 years ago works fine....the way this device is advertise to make it simple for the users to plug n play is exactly opposite..can someone post any solutions theyve tried? appreciate!!
samshool

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:48 pm

Another user may chip in with advice.

Meanwhile the best thing to do is reply to Technical Support letting them know that the suggestions did not solve the problem and ask for further advice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby samshool » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:08 pm

ok quick update...after a lot of self tinkering i found out it will work only in 1 of the 6 different usb 3.1 ports i have....it works now in USB 3.2 gen 1 port ..although i have 2 side by side but strangely still only works in one of them but not the other...all ports are working fine with other devices...but still a super strange issue...no update from support yet...
samshool

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:24 pm

You might want to check the power settings for those USB ports. On most motherboards, also, there are few USB ports that are directly on the board and others are hubs (this is how they will show in your device manager on Windows).

Since USB ports are indeed backward compatible I'd check if all of your drivers are up to date (possibly BIOS too for your motherboard) and that the power settings for all USB ports and hubs are optimized for audio. I typically check at least the points on this Sweetwater optimization guide on any Windows 10 computer I use for serious audio and it covers the USB power topic I mention: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... indows-10/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Coolruler12 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:52 am

Peter_IK wrote:You might want to check the power settings for those USB ports. On most motherboards, also, there are few USB ports that are directly on the board and others are hubs (this is how they will show in your device manager on Windows).

Since USB ports are indeed backward compatible I'd check if all of your drivers are up to date (possibly BIOS too for your motherboard) and that the power settings for all USB ports and hubs are optimized for audio. I typically check at least the points on this Sweetwater optimization guide on any Windows 10 computer I use for serious audio and it covers the USB power topic I mention: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... indows-10/

Thanks for the sweet water link!, I can now use my Axe I/O Solo via usb-3 after disabling the option to manage usb 3 power by the PC in Windows device manager .
Coolruler12

Postby klemon » Fri May 27, 2022 4:23 pm

Thanks for this post and replies. The update Windows BIOS tip solved an issue I have had since buying the axe io solo 18 months ago. Windows could not detect the device and I was running it on an old 4GB laptop. It now works on my ASUS 8GB laptop. Excellent, much appreciated
klemon

Postby joshtns » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:37 pm

I have the same problem, but nothing helps. Did anyone find a solution?
joshtns

Return to Interfaces & Controllers