Delay on AXE I/O order

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: Delay on AXE I/O order

Postby Joel3190 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:26 pm

Mine has finally shipped. Unfortunately, it was shipped via FedEx so the delivery was delayed by a few days within 1 day of shipping. I look forwards to receiving by AXE I/O this Friday. Hopefully, this industrywide microchip shortage is over in the near future.
Joel3190

Postby 1porsche » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Yep, Mine also delayed over a month.
Have written several times same reply.....

I told them the least they could do it put a pop up that tell you they are having issues meeting supply and your order will be delayed for months.....

See if they had been straight with me I would have bought more gear from them like the speakers....but right now I about likely to just cancel and go with a higher value interface.

Very disappointed......expected so much more from these folks.

A-
1porsche

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:43 pm

I understand it is frustrating. Unfortunately there are circumstances beyond our control that make it difficult to estimate precisely when new units will arrive. Those who purchase the bundle with AmpliTube 5 MAX are able to download their software while they wait, and we're doing all we can to keep supplying the popular AXE I/O as quickly as possible.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 1porsche » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:56 pm

Peter,
I’m sure you realize that being able to download our AmpliTube Max a mute point if your waiting for your Axe I/O to connect your guitar to you computer and said download?

Now maybe if you tossed in the same MAX for the Mobile platform and those of us with iRigs and iOS/Android would actually be able to use that while waiting...

It would be a nice gesture.....give there is NO indication of a problem when you place your order or a hint that it is seriously backordered....
1porsche

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:58 am

Some people have an audio interface they can use in the mean time, as AXE I/O has the unique Z-TONE which may feel is an upgrade to their current interface's Instrument input. It was based on user input. Many asked if we could provide AmpliTube 5 before their AXE I/O arrived almost from the day we offered the bundle.

There should be messaging during the checkout process, I'll make sure to relay your concern that there wasn't clarity there and if you make any decisions about your AXE I/O or you feel the availability of the software is not satisfactory for you please make sure to consult IK Support so they can assist you with those requests/issues.

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Removed misinformation. IK continues to receive units and fulfill backorders. The component shortage has left supply less than demand which is why we do not get as many units as the demand but we continue to make progress.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 1porsche » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi All,
Figure since I have been active on this thread I would provide an update. I got my notice today that my Axe I/O has shipped (Ordered about 30 days ago, for this folks tracking)

So they are shipping. Thank you IK multimedia, I hope you get your production issues sorted out.

Advice based on my case and this experience:

1) A banner or pop up or tag line under the product description (or all the above) to let people know you have a delay in meeting people’s needs. It’s just the honest way to do business. Given your not charging upfront (before shipping) it’s not buying you any cash flow …only making you look bad.

[mod redacted please review the rules when posting]

All of this is free advice and likely worth what you paid for it. Had you simply dropped me an email upfront saying my Axe was backordered and it would be 30-60 days it would have had a MUCH BETTER. Customer experience.

I’ll use your product happily, but I’m not sure I’ll be a repeate customer….
1porsche

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Also, it isn't "our" production issues, there's a component shortage that affects many other companies, not just IK.

Re-opening after some rule violations were cleared and taken care of. Thank you for your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ianolow » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Also, it isn't "our" production issues, there's a component shortage that affects many other companies, not just IK.

Re-opening after some rule violations were cleared and taken care of. Thank you for your patience.

It is your communication problem though. Customers have been coming to this forum for months because support is not providing any useful information. Customers feel duped, plain and simple. Component availability is totally understandable, but IK is choosing to leave out pertinent information on their website for customers that are making decisions to purchase or not. You guys know it is happening as it is brought up here regularly, but choose to continue the same lack of info approach.
ianolow

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:06 pm

There is messaging on the web site when you order. I have stated already that I relayed concerns about the clarity of the messaging about reserving your order etc to the team.

IK Support is providing all of the information they have, and I saw a couple of tickets today and the information was as detailed as they could be and explained what was going on with great care and understanding of the frustration and appreciation of your patience.

Seems this thread is also going to go around and around and seems it should not have been reopened. I know that it is frustrating to wait and I appreciate your patience but the support team is who can and will assist with the most up to date information. And from what I saw, they were. If you had a different experience, you can reply to your support ticket or there are guidelines posted at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about what to do on the IK Forum if you are not happy with your ticket so those are the options from this point on as this is becoming a circular discussion and the forum mods/admins do not have the access to address your concerns directly with precision.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Interfaces & Controllers