Can you run iRig2 on Windows 7 32 Bit operating System

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can you run iRig2 on Windows 7 32 Bit operating System

Postby tomcat_support » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi, I purchased a new iRig2 and HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, connected to a Windows 10 laptop running on 64 Bit System; I now want to set the iRig2 up on a different laptop running Windows 7 32 Bits. I have tried to down the IK Product Manager to the Windows 7 machine, and it keeps saying requires 64 Bits and my operating system is only 32... is there anyway around this... it was running great on the Windows 10 laptop and now I cant set up again...

Please help if you can.

Many thanks
Tom
tomcat_support

Re: Can you run iRig2 on Windows 7 32 Bit operating System

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:19 am

iRig 2 is not spec'd to work on any Windows systems at all https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs

Your issue, though, isn't likely with 32-bit vs 64-bit since iRig 2 is hardware and that's a software compatibility thing usually. You don't need to use IK Product Manager to install hardware like iRig 2 anyway, you would use that for the software. Also, you can get drivers for audio interfaces that IK makes in your IK User Area but iRig 2 is an analog interface that doesn't use drivers as it simply plugs into a TRRS combination in/out jack.

I'd say your problem isn't the operating system but the jack on the machine you are having trouble connecting iRig 2 to.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tomcat_support » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:59 am

Hi Peter,
Many thanks for your reply; If I do not need IK Software to run the Hardware (iRig2), do you think I would need to purchase a new Sound Card for my Laptop. The current sound card has a Headphones port (Out) and Microphone port (in)... Maybe this is why it worked on the other Windows 10 laptop, because the soundcard had a TRRS port (IN-OUT jack), as you have suggested.

Is there anyway you know of to get the current soundcard to work with iRig2... or should I just purchase a different soundcard and install this on the Windows 7 laptop before I try and run iRig2 on it?

Really appreciate your help..
Thanks
Tom
tomcat_support

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm

That's a tough one, if you are getting a different interface then iRig 2 wouldn't be necessary but that solution is more costly. I'm not sure if anybody has done this but you *might* be able to get something that splits TRRS into separate lines for mic and headphone, perhaps? I wouldn't experiment with that unless it only costs you a few bucks or you have the cabling to try it, though, personally.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

tomcat_support wrote:Hi, I purchased a new iRig2 and HAS BEEN WORKING FINE, connected to a Windows 10 laptop running on 64 Bit System;

Peter, further to your reply, this bit confused me.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers