A/B/Y Switch + Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX = NOISE

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

A/B/Y Switch + Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX = NOISE

Postby CreepyMo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:19 am

Since I have the new two input Axe I/O with Amplitube 5 MAX and I wanted to run my guitar through an A/B/Y switch into both input channels. When I run the A/B/Y into both of the front side instrument cable inputs there's no problem. I know you can do multiple amps in the software but this is the setup I want:

Input 1, A from switch: Front side instrument input 1.
Input 2, B from switch: RectoVerb 25 -> Rivera RockCrusher Attenuator/Load Box -> DI output into rear DI input 2.

The problem is that no matter what I do, whether there's even an instrument plugged into the switch or not, as soon as both cables coming out of the A/B/Y switch get plugged into the Axe I/O there's a loud as heck high pitch whine/screech/feedback noise no matter which switch output goes where. I don't even have to have the channel be active (or whatever you call it when you turn off the R button on the recorder) and there's lots of feedback. Noise gates don't help no matter where I put them. Is there ANY known way of handling this? I'm worried because if the unit can't handle a front side instrument + backside DI at the same time won't that affect any guitar+mic combos I do?
Thanks!
-Mo
CreepyMo

Re: A/B/Y Switch + Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX = NOISE

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:24 pm

The unit handles front input and back DI/mic input well, it is one of the main ways to reamp while playing using AXE I/O. I can't see specifically what would be causing your problem here, so I'd suggest inquiring with IK Support who might be able to diagnose more directly to get you the technical support you require. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: A/B/Y Switch + Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 MAX = NOISE

Postby CreepyMo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:39 pm

OK I've contacted tech support and made an unlisted YT video showing what's going on so it should be in your system soon (send me a message if you want the link I don't want to post it publicly).
Thanks!
-Mo
CreepyMo

Return to Interfaces & Controllers