using single input channel in Amplitube through Garageband

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

using single input channel in Amplitube through Garageband

Postby Kendall61 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 pm

I’m working in Garageband and Amplitube for ipad pro, with a Scarlett212 interface.

I want to use one input for a mic on an amp, and the other to go direct through Amplitube, but when I choose Amplitube from my inter-app option, it activates both channels, and when I switch it to one (doesn’t matter ch1 or ch2) it doesn’t work— it records both the mic and the direct channel together on both Gband tracks. How do I change this? Does this mean I can’t record guitar through Amplitube on ch1, and a vocal mic on ch2? What am I missing?
Kendall61

Re: using single input channel in Amplitube through Garageba

Postby jrees » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:50 pm

I think I'm having a similar problem using an iRig Pro Duo as an interface. Amplitube seems to only recognize the interface as a single input device with no way to split its signal to 2 independent tracks. I have an active post on the topic now which has gotten no feedback yet. I presume they'll tell me Amplitube can only manage one input at a time and we need to use some other multi-tracking software to set up our 2-channel input devices...but there's no word yet. If it's true then it must be a common point of confusion so I'm really surprised there's not a lot more documentation about it. I'll subscribe to your thread too and maybe we'll both learn something (one of these days).
jrees

Return to Interfaces & Controllers