No output to speakers

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No output to speakers

Postby cloudrunner666 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi!

looking for some help please :)

I am using Axe I/O, Logic X (Mac 10.13.6) and Yamaha Speakers

Previously I used an Apogee One (maybe last 10 years) and to playback through speakers all I had to do is switch logic or Mac output to "Apogee" whilst having speaker cables running from the headphone port.

I have set up my Axe I/O and recording in with playback from Mac internal speakers is fine but I cannot get any sound from when trying to use my Yamaha speakers. I think I have tried every combination of cables so far but nothing seems to work with Mac/Logic selecting Axe as the output

Am i being a complete noob and missing something basic?

thanks!
cloudrunner666

Re: No output to speakers

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Hello cloudrunner666 and welcome to the forum

Do you get sound from the AXE IO if you're playing something in YouTube through macOS for example?

How are you connecting your speakers to the AXE IO, because this :
cloudrunner666 wrote:whilst having speaker cables running from the headphone port.

is not really best practice. Does the headphone out work with a set of headphones, or is nothing getting to the AXE IO?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby cloudrunner666 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:33 pm

thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, there is no sound from youtube or anything else

I have tried connecting the speakers through the line outs, headphones a multitude of different ways. I was hoping I would just need to plug speaker cables into the line outs and away I go

Also getting nothing through headphones in headphone port :(

Thanks
cloudrunner666

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:47 pm

cloudrunner666 wrote:I was hoping I would just need to plug speaker cables into the line outs and away I go

Yeah, Line Out 1/L and 2/R. That should be how it happens as long as you've got the software/drivers set up correctly.

1) Have you installed the AXE IO drivers and control software?
2) Does the USB light on the front of the unit stay lit, showing it is recognised?
3) What is showing in your System Preferences>Sound? Does the AXE IO appear as the Output?
4) In the control software, do you have the fader up on the OUT 1/2 strip and mute disengaged?
5) Is the Monitor control turned fully to the right (DAW) and the Headphones/Master level turned up appropriately?

I've never used this interface so this is all going from standard practice and the user guide. Someone may chip in with other things to try but I would suggest getting the AXE IO working in standalone mode, with YouTube/iTunes or something audible first before introducing other software like Logic into the process.

Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby cloudrunner666 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:13 pm

thanks a lot for your suggestions

garfy wrote:1) Have you installed the AXE IO drivers and control software?
2) Does the USB light on the front of the unit stay lit, showing it is recognised?
3) What is showing in your System Preferences>Sound? Does the AXE IO appear as the Output?
4) In the control software, do you have the fader up on the OUT 1/2 strip and mute disengaged?

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) Unfortunately, there also appears to be an issue with Control Panel as although installed the App does not open, i see this is not a unique issue

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23361

I am going to contact IK directly as there appears to be multiple issues :(

thanks again for your help
cloudrunner666

Return to Interfaces & Controllers