Axe I/o power supply noise

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/o power supply noise

Postby RobWalker87 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:00 pm

Just got an axe I/o after a pretty lengthy wait. Installed all the software and powered the device on. First thing i notice is a squeel coming from the power supply. Anyone else expericed this or have I got a dud? Not entirely confident in the power supply as it feels a bit cheap to me. Plugging it into a conditioned power strip. Nothing else has been as noisy as this. It's on the level of being unbearable to be honest but I don't really want to have to send the whole device back. The device itself seems to work fine.
RobWalker87

Re: Axe I/o power supply noise

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:38 pm

That is not the normal behavior. I would suggest working with IK Support via a support ticket if you haven't opened one yet. I'm sure they'll be able to assist.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RobWalker87 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:55 pm

I raised a ticket and even sent a recording of the noise. Still not had a response a week and half later. I ordered a power supply from gear4music and it has resolved the issue. Didn't really want to go spend more money. Hopefully IK will eventually respond and send me a replacement power supply so I can have a spare, but not holding my breath. Power supply issues aside the device itself has been brilliant. Not had a single blip yet (touch wood) and have been thoroughly enjoying playing with Amplitube.
RobWalker87

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm

What is your ticket number?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RobWalker87 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:11 pm

RobWalker87

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 pm

RobWalker87 wrote:7529721

Thank you, I've relayed your ticket to our Support Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers