Irig Asio Driver: No output in Guitar Rig / AmpliTube 5

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Asio Driver: No output in Guitar Rig / AmpliTube 5

Postby Sagehorn » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Hi there,

Trying to use Guitar Rig 6 and Amplitube 5 wih the Arig Asio Drivers. It doesn't work. There seems to be a signal at both apps, but no sound output. It works with the ASIO Drivers from FL Studio but not with the Irig Asio Drivers. But why? Tried lots of different configurations. Perhaps it's just not possible? Other question: Is it actually worth the effort?

Greets
Jan
Sagehorn

Re: Irig Asio Driver: No output in Guitar Rig / AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:45 pm

Which iRig product are you using as your interface? Have you also contacted IK Support for official and direct technical assistance? I'm sure they can get you up and running too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sagehorn » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:01 pm

IRig HD 2. Contacted the Support, yes
Sagehorn

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Have you checked if your iRig HD 2 needs a firmware update? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/firmware/general/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sagehorn » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:37 pm

Firmware and Driver are last Version. Beginning to wonder if the driver is faulty
Sagehorn

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Sagehorn wrote:Firmware and Driver are last Version. Beginning to wonder if the driver is faulty

Since iRig devices are a leading interface and iRig HD 2 is very popular, including for Windows users, and the team thoroughly tested these drivers I'm sure it isn't an overall issue with them. There's probably something odd happening in your case and at this point it will require the IK Support team to respond to your ticket and resolve your issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sagehorn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:37 am

actually found the solution. my fault. didnt use the hardware correctly. included my soundcard in the routing instead of the FX-function :? :lol:
btw: what sample size is sufficient for the use? and better 24 bit?
Sagehorn

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:30 pm

I am glad that you have got it sorted. And, don't worry, we've all done things like that.

The lower the sample size the lower the latency. And 24-bit is better than 16. Other user may reply here to give you their own specific insights, so we'll leave it open for the moment.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers