New Stomp I/O Driver Not working [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

New Stomp I/O Driver Not working [Resolved]

Postby stroonz58 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Hey all, Anyone download and try to install the newest driver (v.4.82.0) for Stomp I/O? I did and now my computer doesn't see the device. When I installed it, it was like an endless loop when I hit Finish. You need to disconnect and reconnect the device, do it now or later. Neither work. When I go into AT5.02, I don't have a choice of using it and it never tells me I am connected when I plug it in to the USB port. I get power to the board but nothing else.

Tried different cables, still no dice. Never had a problem until this updated driver.

I already put in a ticket so maybe I can get an answer before the weekend. [mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review the rules]
stroonz58

Re: New Stomp I/O Driver Not working

Postby stroonz58 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi all,
I guess I have to apologize for being a little annoyed that I updated a driver and couldn't get my Stomp I/O to work again, [mod redacted again - please review the rules, this time specifically those about moderation and general rules too]

Anyway, I got a rather quick reply from an IK support rep earlier today and he said he never saw the problem that I stated. He suggested I use a program to capture the screen as I was installing the driver so he could what I meant. I did and just before sending it, alight bulb went off. Let's see if my iOs device sees it because I've never had a problem with that ever. Tried it and it didn't work on Amplitube iOs either. So now I'm thinking my Stomp I/O is a goner.

Then I remember that recently I tried using it as a MIDI controller in Standalone mode. This requires using the power supply since it's not using bus power. When you plug the power supply in, you need to hold down the first stomp button until the button lights flash and the Gain & Volume LEDs stay red. So I thought maybe it's still in standalone mode even though I disconnected the power supply. In the manual, it says to hold the first stomp button down when disconnecting to revert back to normal mode. Evidently, that doesn't work and you really can't tell once you unplug it! So I did the procedure again and the 4 stomp lights flashed 3 times but the Gain & Volume LEDs did NOT light up. So I figured now it's in normal mode. Tried it with both my iPad and PC and it worked fine.

Just though I'd put this out there in case anyone else can't get their pedal to connect to their device.
And again, sorry for bending the rules but it get frustrating when you're troubleshooting gear and software more than enjoying.
stroonz58

Re: New Stomp I/O Driver Not working [resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:18 pm

I am glad that you have got the problem sorted out. While I can understand your frustration but bending / breaking the rules here does not progress things. Working with Support is the best way to go.

---------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers