Stomp IO to effects loop

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stomp IO to effects loop

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi all,

Can someone explain to me how to connect the stomp io to my effects loop?

If I want to just use amplitubes FX pedals into my amp, it sounds like I turn the amp and cab sim off in amplitube.

But then how do I connect my guitar and the pedal board into my amp? Do I go direct from guitar into amp input, and then left out of stomp io into the return on my amp effects loop?

I'm confused on the connections for this, and am unable to find much on this forum, or the internet.

Thanks for any help.
glenklein@gmail.com

Re: Stomp IO to effects loop

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

I think I may have just found a solution in another post... can someone please verify?

Guitar => amp input
Amp FX Loop SEND => Stomp IO input
Stomp IO heapdhone jack => FX Loop RETURN

No knowledge of this crap and am afraid of smoke testing either my amp or the Stomp IO. I've just always ran my stomp boxes post pre-amp (through the FX loop).

EDIT: I guess I could just use one of the outputs on the Stomp back to the RETURN (versus headphone jack)?

Thanks -
glenklein@gmail.com

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Why won't the guys at IK touch this type of question?

I've been searching the forums and found several similar questions but nothing but crickets from the IK team... why?

Is it a line level issue (or something) and they don't want to be responsible for damage? I just don't want the Amplitube/iPad output interfering with the pre-amp on my 5150 amp, and wondering if there's a way to still use the effects when I want to...
glenklein@gmail.com

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:45 pm

Hello there.

glenklein@gmail.com wrote:Why won't the guys at IK touch this type of question?

This is a user-to-user forum, so you won't get anything direct from IK Support here I'm afraid. If you're referring to us Mods, then it might just be that we haven't seen your post.

Either way, I haven't used the Stomp IO but I would presume that the return connection is going to be the line out rather than the headphone out. That said you will probably need something in between to match the impedance and level that your return input on your amp is expecting.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby glenklein@gmail.com » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:14 pm

My bad... I assumed the IK dudes monitored/replied on this forum.

Thanks for your reply.
glenklein@gmail.com

Postby Spoesse » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Hope nobody minds that I respond to an old post. I am using the irig in the effects loop with my marshall NMV head and it is great. I can use the garage band, bias, and ampkit apps. I disable the amp and cab sims when applicable. Sounds great and doesn't kill the preamp tone from the marshall like the volume pot in the little black box.
Spoesse

Postby FlyboyMichael » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:13 pm

Hi,

Can someone comment how this was connected? Headphone out or amp out on iRig?

Thanks,
Michael
FlyboyMichael

Return to Interfaces & Controllers