IRig pro I/o requires too much power

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

IRig pro I/o requires too much power

Postby Paw6899 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:49 pm

Hey guys/gals.
I just got an IRig pro I/o to use with a brand new 8th gen iPad.
It worked fine yesterday but today I keep getting a message saying “this accessory requires too much power”! I’ve changeD the batteries etc so it isn’t that.
I’ve used an IRig hd for ages with no issues and the main reason I bought the pro was it’s portaability.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Paul
Paw6899

Re: IRig pro I/o requires too much power

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:21 pm

That's very strange, usually you'd see that on USB interfaces meant to use on Mac/PC only. Note that when you are connecting to an iOS device you'd want to use the Lightning connection where you shouldn't see that error message. If you're using a powered USB hub or similar and connecting to an iOS device via USB that way, that may contribute to the issue. If you continue to see this error message, please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers