Amplitube5 AXE IO no output to PC speakers [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Amplitube5 AXE IO no output to PC speakers [Resolved]

Postby salamang » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:53 am

I have Amplitube5 with AXE IO connected to my PC. In the AUDIO/MIDI settings I have Technology selected as ASIO and Input and Output devices both set to AXE IO ASIO. I see signal in the Input and Output meters in Amplitube5 when I play the guitar but I can't get any sound out of my speakers. "Line Out 1/2 (2 - IK multimedia AXE IO)" & "Line In 1/2 (2 - IK multimedia AXE IO)" are selected as Input & Output devices in the PC Sound Settings (although I've tried all other options too).

I also installed it on my Mac and was able to get that to work by selecting Output device in the AUDIO/MIDI settings as "Built-in Output" which appears as an option alongside AXE IO ASIO and HDMI, but in the PC the only option presented is AXE IO ASIO. (why is that?)

All the Amplitube5 and ASE IO software & drivers are freshly installed, I've tried all combinations of options, but still can't get any sound from Amplitube5 out of my PC (Sound is working fine for everything else on my PC).

Please help me to get this to work.
salamang

Re: Amplitube5 AXE IO no output to PC speakers

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:33 pm

Sorry for the basic question but do you have speakers connected to any of the AXE I/O outputs you mention? You'll need to do so in order to have it output sound to speakers since you are using ASIO in the Technology dropdown in AmpliTube 5 and thus will not be able to output via Windows Audiod, DirectSound, etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:20 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby salamang » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Thanks to both responses. I guess I misunderstood the setup for the PC, based on my experience with the Mac that had "AXE IO ASIO" as input but allowed "Built-in Output" as output.

I've got it to work now, selecting Windows Audio as the technology, "Line In 1/2 (IK Multimedia AXE IO" as input and "Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)" as Output (after I adjusted the sample rate for my speakers in Sound/Playback to match AXE IO's).
salamang

Re: Amplitube5 AXE IO no output to PC speakers [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Good oh :)

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers