Red Light in iRig Pro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Red Light in iRig Pro

Postby David1790 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:11 am

Hi. I've pulled out my iRig Pro (not the I/O version, the original) which I haven't used for a number of years. Put in new battery. I tried to plug into my iRig Pro via the USB-A cable into the my 2017 MacBook Pro, which has only USB-C ports. First I tried a USB-A/USB-C adaptor, which has worked for all other accessories. Then I tried via a hub. Either way, I get a red light on the iRig Pro (between the word iRig and the word Pro), and no success getting Garageband to recognise it.

(a) What does the red light mean? The manual is long gone. Can I download a PDF somewhere?

(b) If I buy a mini-DIN to USB-C cable, will that fix the problem.

Many thanks for an early customer. (I still have an original iRig too.)
David1790

Re: Red Light in iRig Pro

Postby David1790 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 pm

UPDATE

Manage to get Garageband to recognise the ikmedia iRig Pro. However, there is terrible lag, making it impossible to overdub additional tracks.

QUESTION:

1. Is it possible to fix this problem with an mini-DIN to USB-C cable?

2. Other solutions to get rid of that lag?

Thanks.

David
David1790

Postby David1790 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Update 2: GarageBand gives the following error message at various times. "Error while trying to synchronise Audio and Midi. Sample Rate 14,701 recognised. Check conflict between GarageBand and external device." The exact rate various somewhat within the the 14k-15k range.
David1790

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:13 pm

To me it sounds like the audio interface settings are somehow set oddly for that last message. However, with the red light and any other issues, you should contact IK Support to open a ticket if you have not already done so as they should be able to help resolve your issue directly if no other users chime in here with suggestions (as this is primarily a user-to-user forum). Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby David1790 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 pm

Thanks. Am getting onto Support (which were hard to find first time round!)
David1790

Return to Interfaces & Controllers