Amp out axe io

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Amp out axe io

Postby whitehartlane1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:40 am

Hi guys is it possible to use amp out to record my vox tube amp with pedals.
In the ik video on YouTube it tells you to put a 1/4 lead into amp out then into your amp.i may be stupid here.
Ok back to my set up on amp and pedals.
I have a 1/4 guitar lead into amp input which goes into my first pedal.they are daisy chained to the end of pedals.at the end i plug in guitar.
So therefore if I go from amp out to my input on vox amp the pedals will not be connected??
Im a novice and so confused.
Basically I would like to record my amp and pedals in logic x through axe io connection?
Thanks ps I have mics to mic up vox amp.also I have axe io software.
whitehartlane1

Re: Amp out axe io

Postby rcdemoral » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 pm

Trying to figure this out too.

The standard workflow is that you record your clean guitar AND amp at the same time.

1) Guitar -> Input 1
2) Amp Out -> Amp/Pedals -> Mic -> Input 2

I am not sure how to do this from

1) DAW clean track -> Pedal/amp -> Input.

Let me know if you find out!
rcdemoral

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Amp Out will provide a clean signal which you'd plug into your amp (or pedals then amp). You would mic up your amp like you would any amplifier, so yes you can put that into one of the XLR inputs on AXE I/O and record to an audio track in your DAW.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 pm

We also have this video published about re-amping with the Z-TONE line:

https://youtu.be/CicSJYTW2UY

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Section 2.1 of the AXE I/O User Manual has details and diagrams about re-amplification as well. You can get the User Manual in your IK User Area or the "Manuals" link on the AXE I/O web page.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers