iRig HD 2 USB connector bad?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD 2 USB connector bad?

Postby jackscottjack » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:55 pm

I bought my 11 year old and iRig HD 2 for Christmas so he can connect his guitar to an iPad for GarageBand. It kinda work but if the USB connector on the iRig HD 2 is moved to the left or the right with the slightest nudge it loses the connection.

This, of course, disrupts the connection to GarageBand and it messes up everything you've been doing.

We just got it going the other day and needless to say I'm terribly disappointed in this product and that connection. Is this something others have seen? Is it a bad unit I should return to Guitar Center.
jackscottjack

Re: iRig HD 2 USB connector bad?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I would recommend checking with IK Support as they would be able to determine the cause and take care of this for you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jackscottjack » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks @Peter_IK I do know that. I was just hoping to hear from others with that device if they have seen similar problems.
jackscottjack

Postby dan34685 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:08 pm

I purchased 2 Irig hd2 and had the same problem. The connection is just flimsy. When it’s positioned correctly it sounds great, but then one little movement and it cuts out requiring everything to be rebooted. Very frustrating. I may try hot glueing the cable next. Tried other cables and had similar results. If anyone has a recommendation for making the connection better I’d love to hear it.
dan34685

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:19 pm

dan34685 wrote:I purchased 2 Irig hd2 and had the same problem. The connection is just flimsy. When it’s positioned correctly it sounds great, but then one little movement and it cuts out requiring everything to be rebooted. Very frustrating. I may try hot glueing the cable next. Tried other cables and had similar results. If anyone has a recommendation for making the connection better I’d love to hear it.

Please report to IK Support, as this is not the typical experience. Any hardware will have some issues for some folks, but the team will take care of your issues for you. I've been using iRig HD 2 for years without the connection having issues, I'm sure if yours is still under warranty the team can take care.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikeyp2000 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:11 am

I had a similar problem with my HD2.

I was on the brink of sending it back until I bought a new usb cable. The one supplied with the HD2 wobbled like mad. The one I bought has a tighter fit and zero problems since.
mikeyp2000

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:43 am

Note that IK Support can also assist and advise if you have faulty cables.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers