Can't Download Drivers for AXE I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can't Download Drivers for AXE I/O

Postby drewsmith1121 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:02 am

Recently, I built a new PC and I'm trying to download the AXE I/O drivers onto it. Unfortunately for me, I don't have the card with the serial number on it, so I can't register it and get the drivers. On my older PC, I have the outdated AXE I/O drivers installed, yet I don't even remember registering it to download the drivers.

When I login in my account, it shows that I have NO devices registered. Can I get a download link to these drivers?! I mean, the serial number is not on the actual unit, instead on a sheet of paper that IK know people will throw away, and you have to actually register it just to download drivers? Pretty silly in my opinion. Can I please just use my $349 dollar audio interface please? I've already emailed IK, help me out.
drewsmith1121

Re: Can't Download Drivers for AXE I/O

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:53 am

Hello drewsmith1121 » and welcome to the forum.

IK Multimedia certainly do not know that users will throw away the Registration Serial number. As for your older system, maybe you were using the ASIO4All drivers?

Anyway, as you have already contacted Support, please continue along that path to resolve the issue. That is the only way to get the problem sorted out properly.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tkassour » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:10 pm

I have the exact same problem. I contacted the support team but they did not get back to me. I have the proof of purchase and everything but the card with the serial number. I am so frustrated right now, it's been two days and I can't use the AXE/IO.
tkassour

Postby tkassour » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Please help
tkassour

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Hello tkassour and welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, as this is not a forum direct to technical support, us Mods do not have access to user's account details so there is nothing we can do here I'm afraid.

Official IK Support endeavour to reply to tickets within 2 working days, but obviously due to the current situation this may be longer.

If you feel that your ticket is taking an unreasonable amount of time to be answered, I refer you to points 1 and 2 of this thread regarding support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby BOB LONG » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:13 pm

I'm having the same problem, figuring out how get this AXE I/O to work. If you downloaded Product Manager, that's seems like come-ons for buying more of IK products. It's not giving any instructions on the drivers. I stumbled on a file on my computer, to download the control panel, but the AXEI/O ASIO is still not showing up in my DAW, but showing up in MIDI I/O. Also, turning the Z-Tone knob to bold cuts audio in my headphone almost completely off, with the monitor knob all the way on direct.
I also thought Ableton Lite Live, was suppose to be included, which I have not seen in any files.
I've Emailed IK about this, with no response!!! How nice for IK, no support, just sell you things and take your money.
P.S This is the first time using a forum, hope I was successful...
BOB LONG

Postby klemon » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:34 pm

Once you (hopefully) get the AXE I/O registered, you should get an email from IK Multimedia with a serial number applicable to Ableton Lite Live. Then you go to the Ableton website to download the Live 10 software and then you can use the serial number from the email to authorize Ableton after you have run the installation.
klemon

Postby tkassour » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Is there a way to contact the support directly not through emails? It's been four business days and still no response. My Axe IO is useless now.
tkassour

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Support is pretty busy.

If you wish to escalate your Support Ticket, please review the forum Guidelines:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19505
as garfy mentioned above.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BOB LONG » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:47 am

Thank You!!! I never got that IK Email!? So much for tech support... It's up to the good users, to get out the message. Really appreciate it...
One more issue, If anyone reads this that has an issue with the Z-Tone knob. With the Monitor knob fully on Direct, and the Z-Tone fully on Bold, the audio almost completely goes away.
IK tech support of course is not available, to assert whether or not my unit is faulty.
I'll try and post this issue in a different category.
Thanks Again knowledgeable users...
BOB LONG

Postby Soulpowergtr » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:01 pm

BOB LONG wrote:Thank You!!! I never got that IK Email!? So much for tech support... It's up to the good users, to get out the message. Really appreciate it...
One more issue, If anyone reads this that has an issue with the Z-Tone knob. With the Monitor knob fully on Direct, and the Z-Tone fully on Bold, the audio almost completely goes away.
IK tech support of course is not available, to assert whether or not my unit is faulty.
I'll try and post this issue in a different category.
Thanks Again knowledgeable users...

Probably to others as well that dont have the drivers; Not being snarky or anything but trying to thing how you can resolve it.

1. AXE IO Drivers

Question: You never logged into IK Product Manager and registered your device with the serial number? That seems strange if you were using without ever doing that, as it unlocks all the software and gets stored to your account. Unless its brand new and you just threw the whole thing away before registering and getting all the software with it?

Because when I open the IK Product Manager software, log in, go to HARDWARE my AXE IO Solo and Irig HD2 are there, and i can download the drivers right there.

2. Abelton 10 Lite Serial

I had the same problem: they have contact form that was resolved with an hour of sending the email to Ableton;(just sent copy of my receipt and device type)
https://www.ableton.com/en/account/live ... l-request/
Soulpowergtr

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:39 pm

IK Support is available, they answer many tickets every day. Please see these guidelines about how to post here if you have a ticket that you don't feel is being handled satisfactorily: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Note that IK Support will typically respond within 1-2 business days but there are time where the volume is heavier causing delays and sometimes emails get in spam/junk folders.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BOB LONG » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:40 am

Thanks to all... I did register my AXE's serial #. But, I did not get an Email from IK, for downloading Ableton Lite Live. Just to clarify. Also, I have been getting tech support responses lately. They, like us all, are being impacted by the 19 bug. So thanks to the support team.
Here's is another issue, I thought that AXEI/O came with AmpliTube 4. Produce Manager only has AmpliTube 5, and most all of the items in 5 are locked, and they need to be purchased. Just a few amps and stomps available. I thought 4 came with the AXE, with many amps and stomps etc... Anyone have a answer as to where 4 is AND NOT 5 ?
Thanks all...
BOB LONG

Postby Soulpowergtr » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:13 am

When I got my AXE IO SOLO in December- as soon as I registered the serial number in product manager it unlocked AmpliTube 4 Deluxe and all that equipment carried over into my AmpliTube 5.

Did you use the link for Ableton I provided? That will fix your issue
Soulpowergtr

Postby BOB LONG » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:06 pm

Yes and thanks very much! Just needed someone to give me a clue.
I'm still looking into AmpliTube 4....
BOB LONG

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers