iRig Pro Duo vs Axe I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo vs Axe I/O

Postby chris.dent » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:11 am

Hi, I am using an iRig pro duo at present. I mostly use clean guitar tones. I use a condenser mic through the phantom powered input for vocals. I use the midi in as well.

I am wondering if I will notice much difference in sound quality if I purchase an axe I/O?

Why I ask is that I thought that AT4 was as good as it could get, and then along comes AT5 and blows it out of the water. Is there a similar, noticeable quality jump with axe?

Chris
chris.dent

Re: iRig Pro Duo vs Axe I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:19 pm

For guitar input, AXE I/O's Z-TONE circuitry will be an improvement in getting the best guitar signal into your device and works very well with AmpliTube.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chris.dent » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:45 am

Thanks. I have ordered an Axe I/O. Although the irig duo pro does a good job it it a bit hard to organise my desk with leads coming out in all 4 directions. Looking forward to hearing the difference that Z-tone offers. I bought the package deal with AT5 even though I already have most of the collections. I have installed it and am already glad I made this decision. You can never have too much of a good thing! The Brian May and Satriani collections (which I didn't have) were worth paying the extra...
chris.dent

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:50 am

chris.dent wrote:Thanks. I have ordered an Axe I/O. Although the irig duo pro does a good job it it a bit hard to organise my desk with leads coming out in all 4 directions. Looking forward to hearing the difference that Z-tone offers. I bought the package deal with AT5 even though I already have most of the collections. I have installed it and am already glad I made this decision. You can never have too much of a good thing! The Brian May and Satriani collections (which I didn't have) were worth paying the extra...

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about AXE I/O and those collections. I was just noodling with some upcoming artist presets and just love the control and quality of AXE I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers